Ups Strikes Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ups Strikes Again

Well, I'm friggin' pissed at these f*ckers AGAIN !!!!!

I bought Jeff B's Marshall 1987X off him...It arrived today packed tight as nun's you-know-what, TONS of bubble wrap.

I finally break thru on one end & it's there where I started to feel the blood just creeping up the back of my neck....if I had a dog, I would've kicked him!!! (Not really...just a saying).

Jutting out of the torn tolex were the wooden joints of the cab......GODDAMMITTTT!!!!

Before I went any further, I grabbed the camera & started shooting pics as I proceeded......It just got worse!

When I finally got it unwrapped, it was obvious to me that these MOTHER F*CKERS OBVIOUSLY dropped it from a distance, as the metal faceplate by the inputs was sheared back, on the same side where the cab is damaged.

Here's the message I sent them on their "Customer Service" (HAH!) site:

UPS strikes again.....

This Marshall guitar amp arrived at my door damaged...obviously dropped from a distance as the headbox is broken & the metal faceplate is sheared.

No one wonder I requested the shipper to use anyone OTHER than UPS.

When will I learn????

I am so pissed right now............

Scott F & The Chris, I need some advice on reaming these b@stards.

Gearjoneser...I'm placing you on stand by if "OTHER" tactics are required!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Re: Ups Strikes Again

Was it insured?

Comment

Waiting to hear back from Jeff....I sure hope so.

And it was packed so well, I'm wonderring if he took it somewhere to have it done.

Comment

Can we see these pics?
        Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

See if this works:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

NOOOO! one of my favourite amps too

have you had any response from anyone yet?

this really sucks!

tom

Comment

Hence the name...UPS...we smashed it again....a 1987 amp...they ought to eat a bullet for that!

Comment

Oh man..............jesus. That freakin sucks, I really really hope that was insured.
                gah, that really really sucks man. Someone would have had to drop that pretty far to do that kinda damage.
                www.experimentsinlowfidelity.com

Originally posted by Aceman
                I like the cream in there. Don't know why.

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!!!!
                  I'm speachless!!! Those complete B@st@rds!!!! Hopefully the amp was insured, but from a customer service stand point if I had any pull with UPS not only would I refund any shipping costs, I would offer to pay any fees to have the amp restored. I realize this is a fantasy, but WTF ever happened to taking pride in your job?? I don't care if you cut into brains or clean toilets. Every job is important and pride should be taken. It's not as if those UPS guys are making minimum wage either (as if that was a valid excuse anyways)!!!
                  Puckboy, Jeff B , I'm sickened to hear and see this mess you are in now. If I was a praying man I would so for a positive outcome.
                  Good luck
                  Loudriver
                  MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
                  MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
                  MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
                  69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
                  Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
                  Martin D28

Comment

******!

This Sucks!!

You Need To Kick Some Ass!!!!

Im Sorry To Hear That!!

******!
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

OH man,

Absolutely horrible!! Worst I have seen. It is easy these days to get replacement boxes and panels, not too spendy. I hope the inards are ok... Man, I have had several horribly packed amps come unscathed, this one was clearly packed the right way. What a nightmare!!
                      ]
                      FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

not that this "helps"
                        but yes that does suck, especially considering i have gotten some that were in a box with NO WRAPPING and they got thru ok.

I wish you the best man please keep us updated as to how it goes!
                        "...Strange brew -- kill what's inside of you..."

Comment

It took a week (finally settled it today) of constant emails and phone calls to both NewEgg and UPS to finally get the issue settled with the package of mine they lost last Thursday. Sorry to hear about your woes; I'm right there with you. From now on, it's anyone but UPS.
                          ---------------------------
                          The most popular thread I've ever made was 1) a joke and 2) based around literally the most inane/mundane question I could think of. That says something about me, or all of you, or both.

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...or-for-a-Strat

Comment

I think Skynryd's amps survived the plane crash better than that!! It gets worse. My buddy shipped a Vintage EBO bass in a H.S.C. Packed & boxed by a U.P.S. employee. Insured for $800. It arived with the neck broken off. U.P.S. wouldn't make good on it...They claimed the package had to opened in the presents of a U.P.S. employee (WTF) Just try and get one of them A-HOLES to stick around while you open your package.
                            http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

I'm still fighting with Fed Ex over Armotron's amp. The problem with my case is that the damage was not overtly obvious to most shipper persons. The fuse shearing off was the only visible real damage. At this point, I'm just trying to recover my shipping charges.

Good luck. All they do is deny deny deny.

They all suck. I've taken to marking all sides and ends of my boxes with a fat red sharpie the word "FRAGILE" and directionaly arrows. I'm pretty sure I did that on Armotrons' amp as well though, so when they drop somethign 6-10 feet, not much is going to save what's inside.

I had that amp packed with SPRAY IN FORM FITTING FOAM! The fact that the head enclosure survived was only because of all that foam.

I really have an issue with all the shipping companies at this point. It's a roll of the dice.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
                              X