New SD Box at NAMM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New SD Box at NAMM

Not sure if anyone else posted on thei yet, but I visited the Duncan booth yesterday and got to check out the new two channel tube overdrive pedal they just introduced. They did a good job of keeping this under wraps until the show (at least from me) and this thing is really cool.

I'll try to post more info and a picture tonight but it has two mil spec tubes, two channels with independant gain and volume on each channel plus a two band EQ. Basically this thing acts exactly like a tube amp. Scott Miller was doing a demo of the pedal in conjunction with a pickup booster on both the input and output side of the box. It really does sound and act just like a tube amp.

More later ....

Re: New SD Box at NAMM

Awesome. There has been some talk about it, but mostly before NAMM, so the ones who had tried it couldn't say too much. I, and I'm sure others, am interested in a full review now.
    It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Love to check that out, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

After Osmosis | My Music | Instagram

Comment

Looks Great, Major GAS now!

Originally posted by FretFire

Comment

would love to see a video of the scott miller demo with the pre/post boosters ... or at least have him post on here his thoughts on that usage ... sounds interesting

what amp / guitar was scott playing for that demo?

t4d
            gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

John, you gonna be carrying these on your site?

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
              Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
              FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
              http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Oh Mama,........
                7 FREE TRACKS OF ROCK - driftrocks.bandcamp.com

PARTY - pulsepartyband.com

In mother Russia, pedal overdrives you.

Comment

So I assume it has real preamp tubes like 12AX7's in it?
                  Generic signature line.

Comment

Originally posted by Zhangliqun
                    So I assume it has real preamp tubes like 12AX7's in it?

real tubes, yes, 12AX7's no!

You guys are blind...there is like a 7 or 8 page thread about this beast in the Amp shop...
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

what amp / guitar was scott playing for that demo?
                      Strat with two Alnico II Pro single coils and a JB Humbucker though a Fender Black Face Super Reverb. The cool thing is this box also sounded great going into the headphone amps they used in the display stations.

John, you gonna be carrying these on your site?
                      Yes, I will order some as soon as I get home from the show but Duncan won't be shipping until sometime in March.

I will also order up some of the Mustaine humbuckers which I think are available now or at least very soon.

Comment

You did see the thread 'unveiling the SFX-03' didn't you?
                        Seymour Duncans I've owned: Dimebucker, '59n, '59b, PG+n, JB, Phat Cat, PGn, Custom, Seth Lover, '78.

Comment

Working...
                        X