Which replacement reverb tank....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which replacement reverb tank....

I'm watching a few accutronics and hammond rev tanks on ebay to replace the one on the Valveking. What other's should I look at? For that matter, will simply replacing the tank be a marked improvement or are there other factors to look at?
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Re: Which replacement reverb tank....

Another question, how do I check for the ohm load on the input and output of the tank?

**Found out from the manufacturer, 150ohm input/2250 ohm output**

Must I match this or can I use any tank?
    Last edited by JumpMarine; 01-20-2006, 03:44 PM.
    '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Can someone expain the short/med/long delay(decay) factor?

Comment

Check on www.mojotone.com

I bought a replacement pan for a Fender Reverb unit I had.....it was only like $30.00 shipped

There should be a code on the existing tank....just match it up

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I know someone else can answer your questions a lot better than I can, but I have one recommendation. I replaced the reverb tank in my Peavey Classic 30 with one from Antique Electronics Supply. I was also looking at tanks on Ebay. Tanks can go bad, and I'd be careful getting a used one. Most of the sellers don't even know if the tank works. I looked around and thought AES had the best price on the Accutronics.

Comment

Thanks guys, the ones at AES are all Accutronics and both the med and long delay types are only $25. Might be a nice improvement as I don't think much of the current one on the VK.

Comment

Working...
            X