banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok so i am selling my JCM900 combo. Which amp next??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ok so i am selling my JCM900 combo. Which amp next??

Originally posted by suislidE03
    I just cant get past the fact that people actually think the spiders sound good. Please stop recommending those

I second that emotion. I love my PODxt, think the Flextone and Duoverb are pretty decent, got my best sound ever through a Vetta II, and wouldn't mind test driving an HD147 for a couple months, but D**N I hates me some Line6 Spiders. Nauseatingly useless little buggers.

Comment

Originally posted by suislidE03
      I just cant get past the fact that people actually think the spiders sound good. Please stop recommending those Personally i like the vox stuff, most of the models sound pretty good, even for high gain. If you want something really brutal it may not be the best, but it will cover 95% of that territory. If you want brutal and SS, get one of those old marshall valvestates like the 8000 series or whatever. If you know who Death is you will know what i mean.
      Sounded decent to me for the price the dude bought it for. Vox makes good stuff too though, of course I really dont play high gain too much at all though
      Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy Dude
        uhh, forget ALL TUBE AMPS if you want high gain at low volumes to sound good.
        This is just not true... if you have a modern more channel amp, you can just turn up the preamp gain and it'll sound good too. (Of course not as good as cranked, but good)

7ender 7anboy.

Comment

Why don't you just buy an Attenuator, then you can run tube amp at low volume.
          My amp picks up a radio station - what can I do about this?

Tech Head response: Nuke the radio station?

Comment

the valvestate 40 rocks too. I regretfully sold it away, its sounds like an AVT 50 and perhaps BETTER !
            Gibson Songwriter Deluxe
            Gibson 1959 reissue
            Gibson 1960 reissue
            Gibson EDS-1275

Freedom through the blood of Christ

Comment

I have gone and ordered a podxt. got a good deal on it off ebay. i'll probably just sell it in a few days though, if i can't get it sounding warm enough or analogue enough. i know it will be digital sounding no matter what i do but there is a limit!

i am guessing this podxt won't sound too good through a cheap ss amp?
              Michael Kelly Patriot Black w/Rockfield Fat Ass set
              Roland Microcube

Rotosound Strings

Shure SM57 mic
              Dunlop Jazz III and Ultex Picks

Comment

I would just keep workin with that Marshall man. Try the PodXT, try OD pedals, try hitting the amp in the face with a high-output humbucker, try letting the amp do all the work and using low-output PUPs...that's a solid amp that a lot of people have gotten good high-gain tones out of.

-X
                green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                X