Q for Valvetronix AD60/120VT owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for Valvetronix AD60/120VT owners

Reading through the manual, I noticed that the master volume and 'Valve Reactor' power amp modelling (supposedly) come after the non-virtual effects loop. Does this mean, as it seems to suggest, that if I were bypassing the Vox's internal preamp section by running guitar -> external preamp (TubeWorks, Tonebone, PODxt, etc.) -> loop return inputs the tone would change if I switched the Vox from, say, the AC30 preamp mode to the Recto preamp mode?

If so, would the difference be subtle or significant? How about when dropping the Valve Reactor setting from 60w to 15 or 1w and cranking the master volume?

The idea of running my preamps through a single-tube'd, variable output, power amp modeller is a fairly tempting one...

Re: Q for Valvetronix AD60/120VT owners

Oh, and if I were to go off-brand with the cabinet, what type would you recommend as a good match for the VT?

Comment

bippity boppity bump

Comment

I think it would be fine to run a preamp's mono/left out into the Vox's FX return.
        I haven't tried it, but you'd be bypassing the pre/FX, and going straight to the power section. I think the master volume and variable wattage control would still work with your other preamp. Let us know how it works out.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Oh, I've no doubt it would interact with the power amp's controls (including the presence knob, I just noticed) as expected. Companies like Vox and Korg don't stay in business by falsifying the signal path diagrams in their product manuals. (One hopes!)

What I'm mainly wondering is, when it says that switching from one internal virtual pre-amp model to another changes the virtual power-amp model from, say, 2xEL84 Class A to 4x6L6 Class AB, whether that change is literally happening in the physical Valve Reactor power amp stage of the circuit or whether it's just figurative and is part of the preamp model stage.

Comment

Working...
          X