banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fulltone Ultimate Octave acting as an AM Radio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulltone Ultimate Octave acting as an AM Radio...

Whenever I turn on my Fulltone Ultimate Octave pedal and select the octaver function, I get AM Radio loud and clear though my rig.

I have the pedal running off a daisy-chained wall wart thats's getting power from a power strip coming out of the wall (all through extension cables of course).

This doesn't happen with only the fuzz being engaged. Just the octaver. It's worse in my house, and I've only used it on a couple of gigs and it doesnt seem to happen a whole lot, or if it does it gets covered up I guess.

Any ideas on how to stop getting football scores and stock reports coming out of my speaker cab?

Re: Fulltone Ultimate Octave acting as an AM Radio...

I can't answer your question but other that the sports score how do you like that pedal?
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      I can't answer your question but other that the sports score how do you like that pedal?
      It freaking rips. Best fuzz pedal I've ever heard and the octaver function just oozes acid-drenched Jimi flavored nastiness and then some. The Fat/Bright switch is really cool as it will allow you to get in the ballpark of both Fuzz-Face flavored tones as well as Big Muff sounds.

Comment

bump

Comment

Well what to do??
          Shield it with some copper, probally not gonna be much useful, but try it anyways??
          You people live in a country with some abnormal AM radio transmitters
          What can one do?
          Our compressor does that someplaces in the US too, AM radios....we never get any complaines elsewhere

Comment

My SD-1 does it on the neck pickup of my Les Paul, but thats all. I've never been able to do anythong about it, so I use it in a song instead.
            "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

you might try emailing Mike Fuller

in the meantime, here's a similar answer from Dunlop's Wah FAQ:
              From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

good luck
              "music heals"
              facebook

Comment

My Wylde Overdrive does it too but only at my wife's sister's house were my bro-in-law and I play in their garage. At home it's no problem. I use a battery in it too so dirty DC wallwart power is out of the question.

The exact station is 820 WBAP. I know this because one Saturday night when we were jamming I had left it on at the end of a song and heard the Stars hockey game through my cab. We listened, got the score, continued playing. We did that throughout the evening actually. We attribute it to a close by transmitter. There aren't any near my house. It's the only pedal that I have that does it too. My DIY pedals have no problem nor do any of my Boss pedals.

That Dunlop Wah FAQ is hilarious. I grew up on Lake Erie and acquired a wah several years after I started playing. Not once did I encounter that problem. I have that same wah still today, modded to hell, but I still have it.

Comment

Ive never had this problem with a wah but I do understand how it works.... there must be something essential to the ocatver effect that picks up radio stations when it's on... I'll email Mike Fuller and pick his brain on it.

And to tell you the truth if I couldnn't get rid of it I was planning on using it as a live effect like Kyuss does.

Comment

Working...
                  X