Looking for a nice clean amp tone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a nice clean amp tone

I will be looking for a new amp, in the month to come.

Pierre's suggestion grew on me and I would be looking into having a single channel amp with a disto pedal in front. Probably on e of the cooltron from Vox. I like the idea of the two disto channels on the pedal itself.

So what would you suggest as a good clean tone amp that would not be too pricy... like less than £200 (350$). I know, it is not much but that's all I could afford at the moment.
    Anyway, I need a small one as I mainly play alone at home and do a few jam session here and there, so no need to put much more.

Any suggestion?
    2017 PRS SE Custom 24
    2007 MIA Fender Telecaster (The Boss set)
    1996 Gibson Les Paul studio (Mississippi Queen n, The Mule b)
    1995 Epiphone Les Paul classic (Mississippi Queen set)

2012 Martin
    2002 Freshman FA 100SC
    Sae Han SD 51BK

Eganter Tweaker head > Celestion V10 / Neunaber Iconoclast

Re: Looking for a nice clean amp tone

Roland Cube.
    Pulse 2AM - YouTube
    Pulse 2AM - iTunes

Comment

Yeah go the cube. I want one just to do cure cover's with.
      Lister: I am your god!
      Cat: ( points at food ) If you're god, turn this into a woman!

Originally posted by Empty Pockets
      i don't want to shoot at a guy holding my Les Paul, but I'd gladly shoot through a Fernandes that I paid $250 for.

Comment

The Cube Emulates its JC amps pretty well if u want that kind of clean sound.
        But Vox Valvetronix emulate vox amps (well DuH) very well and in my opinion VOX's have great clean. U can also use pedals (inbuilt into the valvetronix) and trun them on/off with the footswitch. If u wanted to u could check out www.valvetronix.com because the Audition Room lets u listen to various settings.
        Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

used Fender Blues Deville or Deluxe......or Hotrod Deville or Deluxe. They have a great clean channel, and decent OD channels. Even Coldplay uses them.
          They offer the best clean w/reverb tone you can get for the $350 price range.

Then, wait till the new Duncan Tube Classic OD comes out, and get that.
          Originally posted by Boogie Bill
          I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

+1 for the Hot Rod deluxe has a good clean channel for the money.
            Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

The Hot Rod Deluxe has a cool clean and gorgeous reverb. It is of course, hella loud.
              Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

man, i love my peavey classic 30, soooo underrated (especially on these boards). the cleans are great, can get a great bluesy sound and a great jazzy sound as well....its really worth trying out....
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

POLYTONE!
                  Jazz players have been using em for years, and they really have a classic clean tone.
                  Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                  My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Blues Junior? Peavy Classic series, not too much is out there tube wise for ya at that price.
                    Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                    Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                    PRS McCarty STD
                    '71 Gibson SG Custom
                    Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                    Vox AD15VT

Comment

Thanks for your replies guy. I am gonna through them in order while getting an eye on the respective website.

First of, I am not interested in a digital amp with effects. I already got a V-amp. It's fun, practical when You can't bring your amp along. But I am not a big fan of digitally emulated sounds.
                      2017 PRS SE Custom 24

2012 Martin
                      2002 Freshman FA 100SC
                      Sae Han SD 51BK

Comment

I forgot to mention, I am more looking in a 15-30W amp as it will give me better sound at lower volume. And I amsure I will get enough headroom to play with friends... Anyway, I would still have the Marshall 80W in case. If it abides this long.

Gearjoneser, I looked into the Fender Hot-rod series. I think the one you pointed out have too much features, and I checked the price on a UK site... They have a problem of conversion for them $325 is approximately worth £300 ???
                        I have seen on Fender's website, they also got the Blues junior. What do you think about this one. Does it also have the sweet Fender clean tone?
                        2017 PRS SE Custom 24

2012 Martin
                        2002 Freshman FA 100SC
                        Sae Han SD 51BK

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                          man, i love my peavey classic 30, soooo underrated (especially on these boards). the cleans are great, can get a great bluesy sound and a great jazzy sound as well....its really worth trying out....
                          The new classic 30 is out of my league...
                          2017 PRS SE Custom 24

2012 Martin
                          2002 Freshman FA 100SC
                          Sae Han SD 51BK

Comment

Originally posted by BluesGuyJ
                            Blues Junior? Peavy Classic series, not too much is out there tube wise for ya at that price.
                            I am not looking espacially for a tube amp... anything that can float my boat as long as it more or less fit my brief.

Could you tell me a bit more about the Fender Blues junior?
                            2017 PRS SE Custom 24

2012 Martin
                            2002 Freshman FA 100SC
                            Sae Han SD 51BK

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
                              POLYTONE!
                              Jazz players have been using em for years, and they really have a classic clean tone.
                              Again, I think this is a step too far for my bank account... and probably my neighbours.
                              2017 PRS SE Custom 24

2012 Martin
                              2002 Freshman FA 100SC
                              Sae Han SD 51BK

Comment

Working...
                              X