Plexitone Pedal Through My PTP 50 Watt Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plexitone Pedal Through My PTP 50 Watt Marshall

This pedal sounds great through this amp...I've mostly been using my Vox Valvetronix amp,but now that I've made my 50 watt Marshall into something alot cooler than it was,I'm using it alot more(The Marshall) ;o)...

I Like the fact that if you keep the Marshall's volumes dialed down,you can easily replicate the tone of the amp cranked up..Naturally you miss the movement of air from the speakers and there's the Munson Curve in there messing with highs and lows,but the cranked up grind is easy to get...The other trick for me,was to keep the "crunch" at around 11 o'clock and have the boost set up a bit(around 9 o clock) for that extra lowend that is missing at lower volumes...

I thought this was better than using an attenuator and I Like being able to easily clean up my tone just by rolling the volume off on my strat tonight...I still enjoy this pedal as much today,as I did the day I got it and it loves British amps!

Sounds really great through my old 50 watt NMV Marshall...Thanks again RID..Great pedal buddy! This amp is really starting to sound great now also!

Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 02-28-2006, 08:48 PM.
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Re: Plexitone Pedal Through My PTP 50 Watt Marshall

Mm...I bet that sounds niiiiiiice...I want Marshall tones... (Other than the ones I've coaxed out of my Peavey from modding the begeezers out of it)

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
      Mm...I bet that sounds niiiiiiice...I want Marshall tones... (Other than the ones I've coaxed out of my Peavey from modded to begeezers out of it)
      This amp sounds really great now....It was really good before...I'm playing it outside of the cab cause I'm still doing some minor tweaks,but I pretty much have it dialed in....Voltages,component values,etc....
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Hehe sounds good John, it was one of the things we made it for, to be used with a Marshall at lower volumes

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
          Hehe sounds good John, it was one of the things we made it for, to be used with a Marshall at lower volumes
          It really is a lower volume life saver for this amp.

Comment

Yeah, it works good that way too.
            And now it will soon get a brother, the Vox like drive is done and ready.
            But it will not have two different channels, it will use two identical gain stages.

Comment

hmmm Plexitone, OCD? Dilemma!
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Working...
              X