power supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power supply

I would appreciate advice on effect power supplies. This has become an issue because I've recently gotten an Ibanez DL-10 delay pedal, which I think is great, but I understand that delay pedals use up batteries pretty quickly and so a power supply/converter is best. I have a number of other pedals but typically I use only the delay and my TS-9 and rangemaster clone when playing. So I can either get a converter just for the delay, or I can get a Power-All sort of thing to power all my pedals. Are there better brands to get? If I just get a converter for the delay, can I get anything that fits and puts out 9 volts? Most of the converters indicate they're for use only with certain effect brands. Is this so? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Re: power supply

If you have enough pedals to justify it you could always get a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. It will be the best $170 you'll spend!!!
    I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

I've got a dunlop 'dc-brick' that works really well. not as many features as the voodoo labs but $70 cheaper.
      - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
      Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
      Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
      I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake OvenŽ of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Originally posted by B Bent
        If you have enough pedals to justify it you could always get a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. It will be the best $170 you'll spend!!!
        +1.

I love my PP2+ to no end. It's not cheap, but it has some great features on it and it's one of the best ways I've found to quiet down your signal chain.

If you only use 3 effects, maybe you should look into just a few AC adaptors?
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I would second the DC Brick. I used to use 5 pedals, but I only use 2 now. It's better than using separate adaptors.

Comment

Anything is better than seprate adapters IMHO! I am soooo spoiled now!!!
            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

The Dunlop DC Brick is ok and actually great if you run a few normal pedals...mostly later Boss and Dunlop stuff but if you want to power all kinds of wild stuff (Like I do!) the VooDoo Labs PP2+ is THE way to go...it'll power everything from both kinds of Boss, DOD, Fulltone, line 6, etc, etc...plus it also has a very cool "sag" feature that sounds killer with vintage style fuzztones!

Best money you con sink into a pedal set up next to a board to mount it all on!
              If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

wow -- thanks guys -- i really apreciate the input --

Comment

I'm totally happy with my Carl Martin Big John
                  Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
                  Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
                  Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

Working...
                  X