Tried the VHT Deliverance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried the VHT Deliverance

As gearjoneser might know, we both live near a GC in Sherman Oaks.

I got to A/B the Soldano Avenger, RI MArshall JCM 800, Diezel Einstein, SLO 100 and VHT Deliverance and Pitbull.

The Deliverance literally felt like the crossroads of Soldano Gain and hopped up Marshall crunch. Big bass, crunch, and full, classic tone.

If only it had a clean channel of some kind.

WOW what an amp! TOTALLY ROCK N ROLL
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Tried the VHT Deliverance

how was the einstein, i was thinking about getting one down the road since i find the herbert to be...too damn pricey LOL.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

The Deliverance is based on the middle channel of the Pitbull Ultralead and if you really use your volume controls it doesn't even need a clean channel. I love those amps...the Deliverance is the first "plug and play" VHT and I am really glad they did it.

Killer amps. If you liked the Deliverance but wanted a bit more in terms of bells and whistles look into the Pitbull Ultralead...that is the only High gain channel switching amp I have ever really liked 100%.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Deliverance is on my GAS list for sure. Great sounding amp. Nice bridge between a "true" marshall and the more modern/dryer/tighter VHTs
        I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Nice amp but waaay too tight for me. when i first heard it i thought it was awesome but after i a/b it with the pitbull 50 i went with the 50.

the 50 was much more classic to me and marshally.

the KT88 in the Deliverance were just too sterile to me.
          just didnt make me smile like the el34 pitbull especially on tube rectifier mode. squishy and big and rich.

the Deliverance is built like a classic amp but with modern tubes. dont know why. i think that it would have sounded amazing with el34's

sorry just was waay too tight for me
          Ibanez Roadstar II
          EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
          VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
            The Deliverance is based on the middle channel of the Pitbull Ultralead and if you really use your volume controls it doesn't even need a clean channel. I love those amps...the Deliverance is the first "plug and play" VHT and I am really glad they did it.

Killer amps. If you liked the Deliverance but wanted a bit more in terms of bells and whistles look into the Pitbull Ultralead...that is the only High gain channel switching amp I have ever really liked 100%.
            I love my Ultralead and I still swear by VHT after having heard it to other modern multichannel (boutique) high gainers. The Deliverance looked very promising, you actually described it the way I thought it would be
            Jackson USA '98 Custom Shop KE2 w/ Duncan TB-4 JB(b) & Jazz(n)
            Gibson '87 Flying V Designer w/ Duncan Screamin' Demon (n) & Bill Lawrence L500XL (b)
            Fender '70 Stratocaster w/ stock pick ups

VHT Ultralead plugged into a
            Marshall 2x12 Vintage
            Bogner Shiva oversized 1x12 cab (Celestion Classic Lead 80 loaded)

(80's Gibson Dirty Finger pick ups (b&n) on the side)

Comment

Working...
            X