New Vox AC15 combo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vox AC15 combo?

Has anyone tried one of these yet? looks very interesting. I demoed the AC30, and really liked it. I'm thinking with the 15 I can get the same tone for about $400. less and be able to crank it a little more at bedroom levels.

Re: New Vox AC15 combo?

B Bent had one of these(I think) He said it was very low in quality and it blew after 4 days of him owning it.
    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

I have heard of quality issues, but have had a 60 watt valvetronics head for over a year now and have nothing but great things to say about it.

Comment

i played two of these yesterday. one sounded better than the other. one seemed a bit flat sounding and way too bright, and the other was warmer and more responsive. But they still have that "cheapy" look and feel to me, and i could never buy one cause they seem like they could break down so easily
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I have not seen mention of the cabinet material, are they baltic birch like most of their other high end cabinets?

Comment

there built very badly i would go for a laney
            VC-15 or 30
            better quality build
            Gondola Kid
            Bandcamp
            Facebook
            JimijaymesGuitarist
            Youtube

Comment

I tried one of those AC30CC, and it sure was lower quality than my '91 AC30TB. Not only was the construction a bit cheap, but the sound was a bit thin and bright. However, it's got some cool options that my '91 lack, but all in all, I'd go for mine.
              Last edited by Uncle Unborn; 03-05-2006, 06:41 AM.
              Guitar: '01 Les Paul Special w/Lindy Fralin P-90
              Amp: '91 Vox AC30TB Rose Morris Vintage model

= Rock!

Comment

I tried the Laney, and it just was'nt inspiring. I like the AC30 and can't say I noticed anything poor about the integrity of the amp, it seemed very solid to me. If I can get that tone for $599. I think it would be money well spent. Hopefully one of the local shops will get one in.

Comment

what was wrong with the laney (im looking at getting a VC30 but im not sure if its worth it)
                  Gondola Kid
                  Bandcamp
                  Facebook
                  JimijaymesGuitarist
                  Youtube

Comment

I just was not impressed with the tones I was getting out of it. It's a shame to, because it was a like new trade and they only wanted $199. for it. But cheap or not, if it doesnt get your juices going whats the point? That AC30 on the other hand gave me goose bumps!

Comment

My freind Rob from Trutone Custom Cabinets had an AC15 that I borrowed off him for a small gig. I wouldn`t consider it a bedroom amp at all. Not much gain in the preamp, so you gotta get the power section cooking on it`s own. At lower volumes it did like my Barber Burn Unit EQ and sounded great! I use pedals for distortion, and IMHO it`s a great amp if that`s your bag too. Good luck!

Comment

I just was not impressed with the tones I was getting out of it. It's a shame to, because it was a like new trade and they only wanted $199. for it. But cheap or not, if it doesnt get your juices going whats the point? That AC30 on the other hand gave me goose bumps!
                        Thats disapointing because my dad has a 60's AC30 (best tone EVA) and i hate the lack of mid control so i thought maybe a laney should be my next amp rather the an AC30 that and the fact that the Custom CLassic r meant to have poor quality control.
                        Gondola Kid
                        Bandcamp
                        Facebook
                        JimijaymesGuitarist
                        Youtube

Comment

OK Dude... Here goes......If you buy one of these amps I will personally come to Stanley Cupville and beat you with a guitar cable!!!! LOL

SpeedDemon is right. I bought one of these amps on a Thursday and by Monday I took it back for a refund. I took it home unboxed it and played it lightly for 3 days and I went to turn it on day 4 and it would not turn on. When I could get it to work it sounded like poo!! It was thin, raspy and completely 100% sterile sounding to my ear. It might sound better with a nicer speaker, but I didn't get a chance to go that far. Check my signature link for pics of the guts of the amp too (very flimsy looking).

To conclude I rate my AC15CC as the single worst amp I have ever plugged into!! Sorry to bust your bubble, but your thinking paralells mine: It's a classic amp for tiny amounts of money. Why not try it? That's what I said. Oh BTW Christian tried to tell me it was crap right before I walked into the store to buy it!!
                          I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Working...
                          X