What type of fuzz do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What type of fuzz do you use?

I love my Danoelectro Fab Tone's.... i have 2 of them! They are over the top fuzz.... too fuzzy for some people, but for solos i love them! Wish more pedals had the Dano's deep bass EQ sounds.... Turns my C30 into a rageing stack sound!!!!!

Comment

As far as fuzz pedals go I have a Russian Big Muff and an EMMA ReezaFRATzitz.

The ReezaFRATzitz has the better tone of the 2, but the Big Muff is there for when I want insane amounts of filth

Comment

a Indyguitarist Blue Fuzz ( www.indyguitarist.com )
        is a good fuzz and very different from any other fuzz although its smoother then some
        but is still FUZZY
        Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

I really like the EH Big Muff! It is my main distortion.

Comment

Any fuzz I can get my hands on! Right now I am using the fuzz side of my Diamond Pedals and a Big muff. But I really want a Fuzz Factory to go with these.
            Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
            Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch
              I'm just curious as to what fuzz pedals everyone is using, and what types of tones they're getting. I've been listening to a ton of OD clips the last couple of weeks and I think I've realized a fuzz is what I really want Any advice for some mellow/non-muddy fuzz ala hendrix-bold as love?
              I use a Boss ME-50 multieffects, but my favorite settings are the Fuzz Face, Blues Driver BD-2, and Metal Zone MT-2. Hope that helps.
              My Music Page
              Originally posted by vinterland
              I don't know how he made his guitar sound like a carnival ride but he managed to.
              Gear: Hot-Rodded ESP LTD EC-100QM; 1972 Fender Twin Reverb; Boss ME-50 Multieffects Board; Ovation Celebrity Custom CS247; Ibanez RX240 two classic stacks and a JB trembucker <- next project

Comment

my favorite type of fuzz is the Colorsound MK II ToneBender tone, as heard in early Yardbirds and Led Zep tunes.

there are several clones on the market

MusicToyz.com provides guitarists with excellent guitars, pedals, pickups, and more to reach tonal nirvana. FREE shipping !
                Last edited by Curly; 03-05-2006, 12:42 PM.
                "music heals"
                facebook

Comment

I use a Fuzz Foot from Dave Fox
                  I am pretty amazed by it. Chris who used to play in Megadeth and now plays in Ohms sold it to me. He uses the Captain Cocunut, and we A/B'd them and The single pedal is a little woodier, and the Cpt Coco sounds a little more like a recording should sound, more focused, touch more compressed.

Either way, it's the most responsive and controllable fuzz with all the classic ousnds. The grit knob easily moves the tone from old Keef to Hendrix to EJ type tones while being woody and full.

Best part, Chris rubbed all the markings off, making a very rare pedal even harder to figure out on my board.
                  1973 Les Paul Standard
                  1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

(Original) Jordan Bosstone
                    Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                    When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                    Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                    Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                    Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Has anyone made their own fuzz face clones? How hard would this be? It seems like this might be a good route for cost effectiveness (lots of stuff I'm gassing for ) and it would be easy to tweak if I make it myself.
                      :banana: :banana: :dance: :banana: :banana:

Comment

Big Muff for dark, saturated stuff.

Boss FZ-2 for middy, nasty fuzz.
                        || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I used to use a DOD FX52 Classisc Fuzz. It had a very "rubber-bandy" kind of sound. The Fuzz on my J-Station was much smoother so the DOD got shelved. Recently, folks on HC have been singing the praises of the DOD as a poor man's big muff. I dusted it off and it does sound better than I remember, but it takes a little EQ and compression to get it the Big Muff sound.
                          "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.” --John Lennon

Comment

I use the voodoolabs superfuzz.

Its a nice subtle fuzz for a bit of colour and compression. I use it to drive a semi hollow (godin flat 5) so I cant really use huge fuzz.

Before that I had a zoom ultra fuzz, which was great, but very noodly as it was superversatile.

Actually, since im only playing in the bedroom again, i kinda wish i had the zoom pedal instead. It was cheaper too.

Comment

Working...
                            X