X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solid state vox ac 30

anyone ever play one?

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
    Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Re: solid state vox ac 30

I went looking for a vintage VOX amp when I was younger...the first thing I found was a guy in Midtown Atlanta selling both a Vintage VOX AC-15 and an AC-30 I went to his shop to check them out and hopefully buy one of them...both of them turned out to be solid state and sounded like it!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      Put the two together, and make it Kambone.

Comment

VOX released a lot of solid states without even branding them as solid states
        Gondola Kid
        Bandcamp
        Facebook
        JimijaymesGuitarist
        Youtube

Comment

I think those were American amps. It was a part of that awful deal they made to bring Vox amps into the U.S. The company that was a part of the deal made to do this (Thomas? I think) decided they would make their own. This included the Super Beatle etc. Some of the cabs had the Celestion Blue speakers in them though.

It would be worth it if you're a collector, I'm not sure it would if you're going to play it.
          Gibson LP Melody Maker -- stock, Epiphone Dot -- Jazz neck and '59 bridge, Fender Telecaster Blackout Deluxe -- stock, 90's MIM Standard Strat with Duncan Texas Hot Custom in the bridge.

Comment

I think those were American amps. It was a part of that awful deal they made to bring Vox amps into the U.S. The company that was a part of the deal made to do this (Thomas? I think) decided they would make their own. This included the Super Beatle etc. Some of the cabs had the Celestion Blue speakers in them though.
            Yeh i beleive only american AC30's were solid state
            Gondola Kid
            Bandcamp
            Facebook
            JimijaymesGuitarist
            Youtube

Comment

I had an Solidstate AC30 a few years ago and it was a horrible amp!

It was 'flat' sounding, had no life to it and sounded different everytime you plugged a guitar into it!

I eventually sold it for more than I paid for it so I don't mind

Comment

Working...
              X