Ashdown and WWBW just lost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashdown and WWBW just lost...

i just recieved ANOTHER e-mail from them saying that Ashdown has informed them they can expect to recieve my amp March 22nd...instead of March 11th...instead of March 4th...instead of Feb 28th...instead of Feb 14th...when i ordered on Feb 2nd! enough is really enough...i'm cancelling my order and going to cross my fingers and hopefully snag a deal on something in a couple of weeks when i go to Kansas City and the Musician's friend store...the place where all the "returned" merchandise is sold.

sooooo....i might be tapping the collective brains here again in a few weeks to get something up and running that i buy out there if i find something that i remotely want even after it's working properly?!

disapointedly,
    mike
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Re: Ashdown and WWBW just lost...

here's a copy of the e-mail i just sent them...

I want to cancel my order. This is like the 4th time the order has been pushed back. While i realize this is not entirely your fault (having to deal with an overseas company), enough is enough i really need to be getting a practice amp for home asap! It would be great to get something a step above for the same price, but sadly, i know that's not really the way most people do business these days.

disappointedly,
    mike

what do you think the chances are that they'll reply with anything more than a "your order has been cancelled" email...

Comment

LOL, none whatsoever?
      Guitars: EBMM Silhouette Special / G&L ASAT Special / ESP Horizon / Squier MIJ Strat / Squier Aff. Strat / Furch S23-CR / Taylor Baby
      Basses: Cort NTL-BFL acoustic fretless / Ellio Martina Forza 5 / Fender MIJ '75 RI Jazz / G&L SB-2 / Ibanez MC924 / Ibanez ATK300 (2x) / Ibanez ATK305 / Italia Torino / Longbow 2-string / Rickenbacker 4003 / Sandberg Bullet 5 fretless

Comment

hehe...my thoughts exactly

Comment

i'm also thinking about snagging an Ampeg B100r from a local store...i think they were asking around $300 bucks for it...but would probably take less...prolly closer to $200...maybe $225?!

Last edited by Hoss; 03-07-2006, 12:15 PM.

Comment

All they can do is say "NO"..........

Sucks about the Ashdown, but some things just aren't meant to be!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
            Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
            FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
            http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

Understand your frustration Hoss...but lack of supply to meet the demand is not WWBBW/M123s fault..in any way. Believe me I'm sure they'd be happy to sell stuff to people if they can get it.

I would cancel your order and direct your frustration (i.e. send emails) towards Ashdown and the American distributor.
              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

went by and played the Ampeg...it played pretty good, but it was listed for $400...and for sale on consignment...the store owner called the guy and he said he'd let it go for $325.

i'm thinking about it...!?

i would like to see what the Musician's Friend "outlet" has in a couple weeks, but knowing my luck i won't find anything and then the ampeg will get sold while i'm gone...

hmmmmm.....???

Comment

Working...
                X