1974 Celestion G12M 25w

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1974 Celestion G12M 25w

just picked this up on eBay. It's actually less (even inc. p & p) than I paid for each of my G12M 'Greenback' reissues

Even if it's reconed (which it doesn't appear to be), I guess it should still sound better than the G12M RI's. Am I right in thinking these G12M's sound the same as original 'Rola' (not pre-rola) greenbacks, just with a different coloured magnet?

I bid on the speaker after hearing a guy on the Metroamp forum's clips using '75 blackbacks - they sounded really good, and if I could get anything close with these I'd be pretty chuffed.
    Last edited by shredaholic; 03-08-2006, 01:03 PM.
    Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
    Marshall Mods

Re: 1974 Celestion G12M 25w

These are basically my fave Celestions...

however it's just one?

You need 3 more....I doubt they will have the same "mojo" sitting in an open back 1x12 combo or such. These are very woody sounding and punchy in a 4x12..but I don't know otherwise.
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Re: 1974 Celestion G12M 25w

I've got a pair of G12M 'greenback reissues' and a pair of G12T-75's sitting in my 1960A cab. I bought it with 4 G12T-75's and am slowly replacing the speakers as and when I can afford to. Since my tastes have changed from metal to hard rock, and I'm running through a plexi, the G12T-75's don't really cut it for me any more.

Until I can afford to run the cab with 4 top quality speakers, mic'ing this speaker should give me a good recording sound combined with the other 2 G12M reissues in there.

Actually, I really need to sell some of these G12T-75's so I can buy more speakers!
      Richard

Free Shred Guitar Lessons
      Marshall Mods

Comment

Working...
      X