VHT Tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT Tubes

Does VHT make its own tubes? Or are the tubes relabeled?

How do VHT tubes compare to other tubes, e.g. JJ?

Thanks

Re: VHT Tubes

VHT does not make tubes...98% or more of their tubes are Sovtek
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
      VHT does not make tubes...98% or more of their tubes are Sovtek
      +1.. I believe their current "VHT branded" tubes are nothing else but Chinese 12ax7s and chinese 12au7s.

Are you looking to retube your VHT 2502? if so, try different EL34s, 6CA7s.. even the new JJ KT77s.

try not to e-mail Steve @ VHT because all he'll say is "get the SED EL34s as nothing else will sound good in there", which to me is nonesense

Good luck!
      www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

The VHT tubes that come stock right now are Sovtek 12AX7WB's in most spots, lots of amps have a Chinese 12AX7 in the V1 spot. If you really want to wake it up try some Sovtek 12AX7LPS's or Tung-Sol reissue 12AX7's and some reissue Mullard EL34 (if you're using 34's) or some SED 6L6's (if your usinf 6L6's.
        If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

i put TAD el34's in my 50st when i first bought it and it sounded better than any of the vhts in the shop.

maybe that whas the reason why. didnt think of that.

are TAD's considered good tubes??
          Ibanez Roadstar II
          EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
          VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

I just retubed with Tung-Sol 12AX7s last night as well as TAD 6L6s in the power section. The Tungs got rid of all my preamp gremlins(weird noises) and a weird pop I would get upon puttin the amp on standby. Christian recommened the Tungs to me. I just did this last night. I will comment after jamming a while today.

I really love the difference in the old stock Chinese EL34s and the new TAD 6L6s!!!
            I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys.

Actually, I retubed my VHT 2502 on the day I got it with JJ EL34L and ECC83S. Since JJ tubes haven't let me down in terms of sound , I just retubed the VHT right away before trying it with its stock VHT tubes. I figured that it'd be a hassle to install and re-install power tubes anyway, unlike preamp tubes.

Comment

Originally posted by JLagoon
                Thanks for the replies, guys.

Actually, I retubed my VHT 2502 on the day I got it with JJ EL34L and ECC83S. Since JJ tubes haven't let me down in terms of sound , I just retubed the VHT right away before trying it with its stock VHT tubes. I figured that it'd be a hassle to install and re-install power tubes anyway, unlike preamp tubes.
                If you like the JJ E34Ls in there, then stick to them. They're an excellent sounding tube. I am tempted to try it in there instead of the SED EL34 to see how they sound.

If not, then I might go for the 6CA7s or KT77s.

Cheers
                www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Working...
                X