More mids V30 vs GREENBACK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More mids V30 vs GREENBACK?

For tight...just strangle it some more....

Comment

Originally posted by taphappy
      So basically the Greenbacks are a no go on metal that requires a tight sound?
      No, not at all IMO, remember, the GB is rated at 97 or 98 db, the V30 is rated at 100db, the V30 will be noticeably louder next to a GB. The GB's LF specs at 75hz, and the V30/G12H30 each go down to 70hz, adding more lows. You might want to think about a V30/G12H30 combination, the two speakers working together kinda cover each others weakness. And they have much more low end definition.
      " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

I had 1 g12h30 and 1 v30 on top of the 4x12 and a texas under the g12h30 and a g12h30 heritage (55hz) under the v30. With a Marshall it sounds killer like that but with my dual rectifier it has too much lows and not enough mids. I think 2 g12h30s are 1 too many in this cab. That is why I want more mids. I may check the greenback out. My old bands 2nd guitarist had a cab with greenbacks with a Marshall and or his 5150 and I listened to his tone and it smoked my old tone of 5150/ Marshall cab with g12t75 speakers. We played everything from Dream theatre to NIN to White Zombie and it seemed plenty heavy.
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
        www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

The Vintage 30 usually sounds alot deeper, warmer and thicker in a sealed 4 x 12 cabinet than it does in an open back combo amp.

The Greenback sounds better in a sealed 4 x 12 cab too...and it sounds like it's lacking in bass in an open back combo amp.

That said, the Greenback still sounds better than most older Utah, CTS, Eminence, etc. speakers.

Lew
          Thats the kinda info people need to know because of course the sound different like who would but an alnico blue in a mesa cab but there the best for vox's
          Gondola Kid
          Bandcamp
          Facebook
          JimijaymesGuitarist
          Youtube

Comment

Working...
          X