New toy! (Splawn!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New toy! (Splawn!)

Hello guys, it finally came! Ordered a 2x12 closeback unloaded from Splawn guitars, and here it is. Took a month to get here, but at least i have all spring break to test it out. I was suprised to see how much bigger it was compared to my Laney. Ill put the speakers in there and wire it up tomorrow after classes, then fire it up.

Guitars: Jackson Black Flametop SLSMG FullShred(A8)/FullShred w/Tonepros bridge
    Fernandes Revolver Pro 7-String, BKP Painkiller(A8)
    Amp: Laney VH100R and Splawn 2x12 cab
    Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)
    Recording/Practice: Line 6 Guitar Port

Re: New toy! (Splawn!)

Looks awesome. What speakers you planning on putting in it?
    Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

nice cab choice!! i love my splawn 4x12 and am thinking about getting a 2x12 also!

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I was thinking about get another V12 pair, but concerning $$ im going to wait a while. For now im going to pull the v12s out of the laney and stick em in the splawn.
        Effects: John Spina modded SD-1, Morley Bad Horsie Wah, MXR 10-band EQ (OLD version)

Comment

awesome, the v12s are really great speakers
          Gypsy, give me your tears. If you will not give them to me, I will take them from you.

Comment

It's a good choice to buy a high quality cab in all black, since it'll look appropriate with any head you use. I'm so used to the head/cab sound, that it's difficult to use a combo. You get used to the tight low end.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Yea, thats the main thing i dont like about the laney is the loose lows, ESPECIALLY at high volumes. Just loses definition. With the bass over 4 or 5 it gives no punch at all.. so i always have around 3. Im hoping the splawn will kick butt in that department.

Comment

That is a very classy looking cab!
                Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Working...
                X