banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Traynor YCV50Blue: Can I use any footswitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YCV50Blue: Can I use any footswitch?

I've got a Traynor YCV50Blue which has a two button channel switcher/boost footswitch (labeled "1" and "2" on the f/s). However, I don't use the boost function, I actually find it offensive, and I was wondering if it's possible to use a single button footswitch to do my channel switching, sort of like a Fender One Button Vintage Style Footswitch like this one:

Get the guaranteed best price on Pickguards for Guitars like the Fender '62 Stratocaster Replacement Pickguard Shield at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.

Thanks.

Re: Traynor YCV50Blue: Can I use any footswitch?

on a related note, how do you like the amp - specifics please

however, to answre your question - or at least try - i hope

it depends on which portion of the plug is being grounded out for each switch
    if there are 2 buttonso nt he footswitch then the cable connecting the fs to the amp is a stereo cable and thus there are 2 isolated contact sections, one just below the tip, seperate by black rings
    ocmpared to a regular jack - there is an additional section
    if it is this additional section that is grounded out for the boost, than you could use a mono cable and single button footswitch and the boost would be out of the picture
    if the portion being grounded out is the switching portion, then you have a prob
    does that make any sense
    Last edited by Blueline; 03-10-2006, 09:31 AM.
    Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
    Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
    www.gaugeguitars.com
    Cheers!

Comment

you can...but it has to be a 1/4" end and then you have to make sure that it's plugged in right to do the function...most likely only plugging in to the "first click" on the footswitch jack on the amp and not plugging all the way in.
      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
      Originally posted by LesStrat
      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Why don't you just keep the one you have and just use button 1 and ignore button 2? Also, when using the boost, it gets too distorted if you have the gain higher than 5 or 6. Try that with the EQ all set at 5 or 6 and you might like it better.

Comment

I don't want to keep the 2 button f/s simply because real-estate on the pedalboard is a BIG problem for me right now. I'm trying to keep everything on one board of a fixed size so setting up and tearing down will be easy when I start gigging or jamming with other people. The two button footswitch takes up just a little less than the size of two Boss pedals side by side, so you know, having a vintage style 1 button footswitch that I could stick on the corner or between my wah and OD/Comp that would be ideal.
          I keep my gain at around seven and I do edge it off towards 5 or 6 sometimes but, you know, I've got a compressor and an OD now, so I don't really need the amps boost function. I love the sound I get out of it and the OD juices it in the right spot so I get what I want out of it and then some. The boost, I just don't need it. I may do what CapoFirstFret suggested...sounds like a promising idea...

--------

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
          X