• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied
    Re: Question For You Marshall Mod Guys?

Originally posted by Scott_F
    remember when Seymour said he'd sometimes use a 250k pot on a JB that was too bright (as opposed to the 500k)?

Go lower young man.
    Well I needed to ask cause sometimes raising the cap value does the opposite,like in a tone control....We're almost talking about what a treble bleed cap does across a volume control...

Leave a comment:

• shredaholic
    replied

:6:

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by shredaholic
    For the 500pf/470k mix resistor arrangement, the RC time constant works out to this:

F= 1
    ------------------------------------ = 678 Hz
    6.28 * 00000000050 * 470,000

Meaning that every frequency below 678 rolls off. Change the capacitor value to find out what frequency you'll get by changing the cap.
    LOL.....Without all the math....Just was looking for higher or lower...LOL....Scott got it.... Your way is too techie for me buddy...Ha.Ha.....

Leave a comment:

• shredaholic
    replied

For the 500pf/470k mix resistor arrangement, the RC time constant works out to this:

F= 1
    ------------------------------------ = 678 Hz
    6.28 * 00000000050 * 470,000

Meaning that every frequency below 678 rolls off. Change the capacitor value to find out what frequency you'll get by changing the cap.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

remember when Seymour said he'd sometimes use a 250k pot on a JB that was too bright (as opposed to the 500k)?

Go lower young man.

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    started a topic Question For You Marshall Mod Guys?

Question For You Marshall Mod Guys?

Regarding the 500 pf cap that goes across the 470k mixer resistors in a NMV Marshall(1959/1987)circuits.....

Do I Increase this cap across the 470k to get less brightness or raise that value? In other words.....250/330 pf or say 560/680 pf.....This is on my bright channel...I'd like to take a bit of the toppiness away and get a bit more range on this channel's treble pot...I don't have the .005 across the volume pot and went with just a 47 pf there...I just want to knock out a bit more of the highs and not have to have my treble pot on like 9 o clock or less...I don't want to remove the cap because I'll lose gain..

I have the stock tone stack and slope resistor values of .022/.022/500pf and the 33k and since the Normal channel is perfect,I want to solely hone in on the bright channel...

My bright channel has a .022 replacing the .0022 with the 500pf across the 470k....

Lew,Jeff Seal.Kevlar,Christian,Scott,etc(Anyone I've missed here sorry)....Please chime in...
    Last edited by STRATDELUXER97; 03-10-2006, 09:29 AM.
Working...
X