• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffB
    replied
    Re: Rivera Knucklehead arrived

Originally posted by OlinMusic
    I can see now why Mick Mars uses Riveras WITH old Marshalls. This thing has a wayyyy more open and loose tone than Series II. It has the EL34's which give a nice midrange, but it's more polite than my Marshalls. Sounds sweet without being too sweet. Still has a large size and grind. The boost is NICE and FAT. Not Mesa Mark fat, but fat and juicy.
    This is exactly how I perceived my Chubster. Slightly more polite sounding marshall..little sweeter..little smoother. Doesn't quite have the sparkle of a good Marshall or crunch as well.

I prefer the real deal, (Marshall) but the Chubster is the best sounding non-marshal-marshall I've owned (though I've played some much more expensive boutiques I prefer over the Rivera..I'm not sure they are so much better to warrant the price difference)

Leave a comment:

• OlinMusic
    started a topic Rivera Knucklehead arrived

Rivera Knucklehead arrived

You know what? Series 1 has me sold already and I haven't gigged with it.

I ran some FX thru the loop, haven't really used pedals in yet (can't imagine it will be great at taking pedals). However, the fact that at the touch of the FS7 I can get everything from a sweet r&b scratch to a spongy bluesy break, then channel switch to a nice high gain - damn!

I can see now why Mick Mars uses Riveras WITH old Marshalls. This thing has a wayyyy more open and loose tone than Series II. It has the EL34's which give a nice midrange, but it's more polite than my Marshalls. Sounds sweet without being too sweet. Still has a large size and grind. The boost is NICE and FAT. Not Mesa Mark fat, but fat and juicy.

I have yet to try it thru my Mojave cab (G12H30s) or my C90 Boogie cabs. I only used my Recto v30 2x12.

I use a Variac, and this amp almost sounds like a Variac is on it. I have used these before, but not series one. I am officially SOLD! I love it!

I only fear now that one amp has to go.
Working...
X