Traynor YCV amps . . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traynor YCV amps . . .

Do EL-34s sound like EL-84s? Just trying to do some research to replace my little el-84 amp with somthing similar tone-wise, and I'm looking at the differences between the Traynor YCV Blue (EL-34 powered amps) and the Traynor YCV Wine Red amps (5881 powered) . . .

I just want an amp with some decent cleanish headroom that sounds like my little class A el-84 amp. It's a pain in the arse to get to a music store around here, and I don't know if I can find one that will have both amps to demo. Can anyone who has demoed both of them give me an idea of how they sound?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Re: Traynor YCV amps . . .

doesnt traynor make a el84 amp
    Gondola Kid
    Bandcamp
    Facebook
    JimijaymesGuitarist
    Youtube

Comment

Re: Traynor YCV amps . . .

Yeah, but it's only 20 watts . . . I'm hoping for somthing with some clean headroom . . .
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
      X