need a good wah pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need a good wah pedal

I have a Boss PW-10, but it doesnt get the tone that i want. I want a good wah pedal that has the vintage clean sound and performs well overdrived. I was looking at the Ibanez Weeping Demon and the Dunlop 535Q Multi Wah. What's your opinions on these? What do you thinks the best wah?

Re: need a good wah pedal

For countless others and myself, it don't get no better than the Fulltone Clyde.

Comment

...from what I've heard the Weeping Demon is a mighty cool wah, and I did like the 535Q, but...

It don't no better than the Fulltone Clyde.

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarist
        For countless others and myself, it don't get no better than the Fulltone Clyde.
        +1 for the Clyde.

I have 3 Wahs. I have a Vox Clyde McCoy a Vintage crybaby from the 60's and I have a Vox 847. IF you can find a Vox 847 cheap, buy it and send it to Strat Deluxer97 he is a member of this forum and is our resident pedal Guru. He modded my Crybaby and it is my favorite wah I own now.
        The Vox Clyde McCoy is a very good Wah right out of the box and a lot less expensive than the Fullertone Clyde but IMO the Fullertone is the best out of the box you can buy. John does some pretty remarkable tweaks to OD and distortion boxes as well as Wahs. Shoot him a PM and ask him some Qusetions it will be worth the effort.

If your looking for a more traditional sounding Wah. Check out the Vox Clyde and the Fullerone Clyde and Clyde Deluxe. I don't think the Wahs you mention will get you a tradional tone. Good Wahs yes.... just more modern sounding!
        Last edited by Bludave; 03-12-2006, 07:57 AM.
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

Get the Fulltone Clyde Std and call it a day...
          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I have an Ibanez WD and it rocks. I am still tweaking her for good tones with my high gain settings on my Mesa bbut it sounds good with the clean channel., killer tone with the clean.
            Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
            Ibanez RG1570 Custom
            PRS McCarty STD
            '71 Gibson SG Custom
            Bogner Alchemist 2x12
            Vox AD15VT

Comment

I have a Vox 847 wah that John Spina modded for me and it's a great sounding, very versatile sounding pedal.

Comment

Crybaby from Hell. Considerably more expensive than regular crybabys but imo totally woth the extra money. Great tone and lots and lots of sound possibilities. The looks might not be your style but it's built like a tank and you needend really show it to the audience if you don't want to.

btw. finally my 1000th post
                - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
                - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
                - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
                - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
                - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
                - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
                - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
                -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

if you're going to pay as much as a crybaby from hell...go ahead and shell out for a teese mccoy wizard wah or an rmc1....I used to have a wizard and it was a killer...got stolen or I'd still have it. Now I have an rmc1 which is absolutely amazing and I don't see myself getting rid of it at all
                  Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                  It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                  Originally posted by LesStrat
                  Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
                    if you're going to pay as much as a crybaby from hell...go ahead and shell out for a teese mccoy wizard wah or an rmc1....I used to have a wizard and it was a killer...got stolen or I'd still have it. Now I have an rmc1 which is absolutely amazing and I don't see myself getting rid of it at all
                    The Wizard Wah is another great wah! Agreed....The Teese RMC1 is a beefy,ballsy wah for single coil guys....I Own an RMC1 that Teese modded from a Vox 847 wah before he went onto his own wahs..It's cool cause it has his pot and inductor and board,but it's all in the Vox chassis....
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

definitely john...my teese is a killer! no adjustment pots or anything on the rmc1, but I can deal with that. absolutely unbelievable wah...I picked it up for $120 shipped, so not a bad price on these boys either!
                      Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
                      It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
                      Originally posted by LesStrat
                      Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Originally posted by CapoFirstFret
                        definitely john...my teese is a killer! no adjustment pots or anything on the rmc1, but I can deal with that. absolutely unbelievable wah...I picked it up for $120 shipped, so not a bad price on these boys either!
                        Great price on an RMC1!

Comment

Originally posted by Loserchief
                          Crybaby from Hell. Considerably more expensive than regular crybabys but imo totally woth the extra money. Great tone and lots and lots of sound possibilities. The looks might not be your style but it's built like a tank and you needend really show it to the audience if you don't want to.
                          +1000 to Chief! The CFH is an awesome wah. I picked mine up on eBay brand new for a pretty good deal and boy am I glad I did. It's got everything you could possibly want, and the camo graphic turns me on! Not for everyone but I love it, and the skate tape is much better than stupid slippery rubber.
                          • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                          • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                          • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                          • G&L Tribute Comanche
                          • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                          • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                          • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

I've owned almost every wah out there, and my fav is the Teese RMC2. Great tone and very tweakable.
                            :afro:

Comment

Working...
                            X