some pedals for an engl?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some pedals for an engl?

after saving up for about a year and selling lots of stuff, I almost have the money to buy an engl powerball. but they don't sell the footswitch with it, so I 'm not really sure if I should buy the footswitch from engl or buy something different since I see many buying other footswitches then the engl.
    I need a footswitch with which I can change the channels (obvious ) but I also would like some effects on it. is there a pedal on the market with which I can change the channel and connect some other effects on it. I d' really like to have a flanger,delay, wah and a chorus. those are about the only fx I really want, I don't really want to buy a pedal with 10000fx. can someone help me out?
    thx in advance
    www.myspace.com/rollef
    www.myspace.com/wheredeathlies

Re: some pedals for an engl?

You can get a TC Electronics G Major and Behringer Midi foot controller. The G Major can be set up to switch the amp channels and with the foot controller set up patches to change effects and channels at the same time. A very versatile set up.
    GUITARS
    STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
    AMPS
    Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

thx for the advice. now I was looking at the g major ( I first thought is was some sort of scale ) and it looks really nice. but when I started looking at the behringer , I found a FCB 1010 which looks really good, it can switch channels and has fx. so I have another question: I 'm kinda a noob when it comes to rack gear... why do I need the major G, because the the behringer can do everything I want..... I think
      www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

bumpty-bump
        www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

The Behringer is just a midi pedal - it doesn't contain any effects.
          GUITARS
          STRATS: Custom Strat - Lil 59/Classic Stack/Hot Stack, Jackson Fusion - C5/JB Jr/JB Jr, Kramer Pacer Custom - CC/SSL-1/SSL-1, Schecter V-1 Plus - C5/SSL-6/SSL-6, VH1 Strat - 59, Fender Partsocaster - C/PG hybrids

LESTERS: Edwards Sykes Custom - DD/DD, Edwards Custom V/white - JB/59, Burny Floyd Rose Les Paul
          AMPS
          Engl Screamer 50 combo + V112 Cab, Splawn Competition, Marshall 1982A & 1982B, Marshall 1960A.

Comment

ok, didn't know that.... are there any other options? because honestly, I don't have the money to buy fx for $500 ...
            www.myspace.com/rollef

Comment

Originally posted by shark
              ok, didn't know that.... are there any other options? because honestly, I don't have the money to buy fx for $500 ...

What do you need effects for with a superduper-sounding amp like the ENGL Powerball?

Anyway,the Behringer FCB 1010 floorboard is like someone else said just a midi-controller and it's a real pain in the ass to programme,but it's probably good when everything is set up.And the TC Electronics G Major is a good multieffect and probably a good buy if you want that type of sound.

I use the ENGL Custom footswitch Z-5 with my Powerball and it works extremely well.You should also know that you can't connect the Behringer floorboard directly to the Powerball.You have to buy the ENGL MIDI-switcher Z-11 too before you can use the Behringer floorboard to switch channels on the amp though the Powerball itself isn't MIDI-ready.
              ----------------------------
              Guitars
              Peavey EVH Wolfgang Special
              (original EVH designed Peavey pickups / tuned in Eb)
              Charvel 475 Special
              (equipped with just an EMG81 pickup / tuned in B)
              Schecter C-1 EX
              (original Duncan Designed pickups / tuned in B)
              Ovation Standard Balladeer

Amps and stuff
              ENGL Powerball head
              ENGL Standard 412 Slanted
              Line6 POD2

Comment

Working...
              X