Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of a non-working DSL50

hey guys,

I've got a lead on a DSL50 that is currently non-functional. It lights up, and the tubes glow, but nothing comes out. I'm pretty tech saavy, and have modded amps, built/repaired pedals, etc. etc. so I'm fairly confident I could fix it, but even if I can't I could hire a tech to do it. What do you think an amp like this is worth....$400? $500?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: Value of a non-working DSL50

Something near that! Go for it!!
    My amp picks up a radio station - what can I do about this?

Tech Head response: Nuke the radio station?

Comment

cool...anyone have a rough idea what a tech would cost if I can't fix it?

Comment

I'd put it lower...maybe $300 tops.

Someone's been selling a DSL50 in the ads for a few weeks...he wants something like $600 if I'm remembering right. In that light, $500 for a non-working head doesn't seem like a bargin...especially if it needs new tubes, maybe some other parts & tech time. The output tranny alone (if needed) could run a few bills.
        J. 'Moose' Kahrs
        mixer|producer|recordist
        mooseaudio.bandcamp.com

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
        All you need to make a record is a mic, some tape and maybe some bad reverb...

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
          cool...anyone have a rough idea what a tech would cost if I can't fix it?

Here (NY) my amp tech has a $75.00 bench charge + parts. If I take my amp in for a tune up which includes pre and power cleaning and general service it can run about $150. In your case not knowing whats wrong with it is the hardest part. It may be a blown fuse or a blown tranny???
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

The guy dropped the price to $400...I offered $350...we'll see what happens. I figure for $350 even if I can't fix it I can probably part it out and recoup any loses, but if I can fix it I've got a pretty sweet amp for a good price...

Comment

Working...
            X