Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FX Looping/Pedalboard Query

Hey guys.

I just wanted to ask the opinion of some of the 'FX Gurus' about an idea I've got as regards a future pedalboard I plan to build.

My current pedal board is:

Spina Modded Vox Wah--BOSS TU2 Pedal Tuner--Fulltone Fulldrive II--G2D Custom Overdrive--Spina Modded TS9 Tubescreamer--BOSS CE5 Chorus Ensemble--Ibanez DE7 Delay/Echo--Fulltone Fat Boost

I also plan on adding an MXR Phase 90 or a Build Your Own Clone Phaser at some point too.

My plan is to build/have built a 4 channel Loop pedal, in which the Chorus, Phaser, Delay and maybe the Fat Boost would be placed in individual channels.

I have 2 reasons for doing this:

1) These are the pedals I use least, so I can leave the pedals themselves switched on all the time and only bring them into my signal chain when I want to use them.

2) I can keep the Looper pedal at the front of my pedalboard and the individual pedals at the back, which would save me having to step into the pedalboard to use the Delay, Chorus, Phaser and Fat Boost.

I just wondered what you guys thoughts were about this, and if anyone has any companies they'd recommend to maybe build the Looper pedal for me?

Craig

Re: FX Looping/Pedalboard Query

If thats what you wnt the go for it...sounds liek a good system. As for the looper go with www.loooper.com or Analogman...both make great stuff it would just depend on price, wait time and shipping overseas.

Also, look into a loop box with a tuner mute...that allows you to keep the tuner on all the time as well asnd leave it in the back on the board thus freeinbg up even a little more space up front.

Good luck!
    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanx for the reply.

It's simplest way around the problem of not having pedals in the signal path when I don't need them.

I could always have each pedal in a loop, but that'd be complicating matter, and 2 of my OD epdals are 2 channel FX, so there's no point anyway

I've looked into Loooper pedals before, so I'll look into the Analogman stuff too.

Thanx again

Comment

I've enquired at www.monkeyfx.co.uk about a custom built 4 channel looper with LEDs, and the price quoted me was very good indeed. So I think I know who's building the looper for me when I can afford it

Comment

Those look good...if the price is right I say go for it!
          If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Also looks to be exactly what I'm looking for aswell, but with shipping and (maybe) import tax on-top, it may come to around the same price which I've been quoted for the Monkey FX Router.

Comment

That looks great!

Comment

That's the way my board is wired. I recommend a dual loop box. Loop A sends a one way signal to my tuner, so that button mutes the signal to tuner. Loop B has my 2 Line 6 tonesuckers on that loop, so I can set up combinations, and bring that effect in/out. The rest of my pedals are true bypass, so that's what my main signal runs through.

Fulltone Clyde Deluxe - T Rex Mudhoney OD, Klon OD, Loop Box (tuner and L6's) back out to the ADA Flange - Choralflange - Amp.

My signal is clean, just like cable, and using the Voodoo PPII for power, everything is dead quiet. Using a stereo pedal as the last pedal in the chain allows me to use 1 or 2 amps.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Thanx for the posts Christian and GJ.

Everything on my pedalboard is true bypass except the 2 BOSS units (buffered output) and the Ibanez DE7 (just normal bypass).

I plan on running the Wah, Tuner, Fulltone FD2, and G2D Custom OD, and then have the TS9, Chorus, Phaser (when I get 1) and Delay each in their own loops, to try and cut down the signal chain a bit

Comment

I would DIY. It's easy to build this looper I think... and there are many resources on the web!
                    RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
                    TS 7 (modded)
                    Hot Rod 50+ XL
                    Framus Dragon 4x12
                    V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Originally posted by Marcel
                      I would DIY. It's easy to build this looper I think... and there are many resources on the web!
                      For the prices I've been quoted for Custom Built units, it'd probably work out about the same to buy the parts and build 1 myself!

Comment

By the way, we are making a TB switcher soon....well the TB part sucks but never mind that
                        It is not me who ordered it anyways..hehe
                        But it will be relay controlled, and will use DIP-switches and on and off switches as well, so I belive it was??
                        Lol I'll will ask Thomas about it tommorow if you like!?
                        Niels

Comment

Originally posted by Brow
                          http://www.loop-master.com/catalog/p...roducts_id=106

Also looks to be exactly what I'm looking for aswell, but with shipping and (maybe) import tax on-top, it may come to around the same price which I've been quoted for the Monkey FX Router.
                          This is what I have, only mine has three loops instead of four and has a tuner mute instead of a master bypass. Loop-Master makes a good product.

- Keith
                          Originally posted by ImmortalSix
                          I am just jug the merlot

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
                            By the way, we are making a TB switcher soon....well the TB part sucks but never mind that
                            It is not me who ordered it anyways..hehe
                            But it will be relay controlled, and will use DIP-switches and on and off switches as well, so I belive it was??
                            Lol I'll will ask Thomas about it tommorow if you like!?
                            Niels
                            Hi Rid.

Any info you can provide about this product would be appreciated

I can't afford to buy ANY of the units I've mentioned at the minute, therefore I can keep my options open and see what crops up

Originally posted by KGMESSIER
                            This is what I have, only mine has three loops instead of four and has a tuner mute instead of a master bypass. Loop-Master makes a good product.

- Keith
                            Hi Keith.

It's good to know that they're good, well built units

Comment

Yep got more info today, it will use relays, and use dipswitches for programming, so it will sort of operate like our Combinator, but without the 9v outtakes for battery pedals, the length will be the same, but not as broad as the Combinator, no on off switches, just the buttons to activate the presets banks.
                              And the price will be about half the Combinator, and it will hopefully be out later this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X