Tube Preamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tube Preamps

I'm looking for a simple tube preamp or preamp kit. Bass, Treble, Tone. Speaker sim is not necessary. It doesn't need to have built in effects or be anything to complicated. Just want a nice and simple tube preamp. I'm not really intersted in distortion sounds... I want more of a clean sound.

I have been looking at...
    Damage Control: Womanizer- I don't like there control setup
    Hughes and Kettner: Tubeman- Seems like more than I need
    Tone Bone: Classic- Not really a preamp
    Mesa: V-Twin- Discontinued
    Marshall: JMP-1- Too expensive
    Rocktron: Vudoo Valve- Don't know anything about it and I'm not sure it is a tube amp.

Any others I should be looking at?

Thank,
    Eric

Re: Tube Preamps

I have a H & K tubeman. I just had it reapired a couple odf months ago and now it is not working. I have a feeling it is something minor as it worked great for a while after the repair. Probably a resistor or something? I dont want to mess with the company that repaired it as I got into it with them about how long it took. I paid $85 to have it repaired. If interested I would sell for $60 shipped.
    My bands links:

PEDL
    www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
    www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
    www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

No thank you, I would prefer somthing that I won't have to be fixing.

Thanks,
      Eric

Comment

i sell an rocktron gainiac (old model), but i don't think it makes sense
        to ship it around the globe.
        ~+~ tube afflicted, strat addicted ~+~

Comment

ADA MP-1 with noise mod to replace the filter caps. use the Clean tube vocing with the Builtin chorus. or even the SolidState vocing with the builtin chorus.

it has Bass, Mids, highs, Presence. Master Gain/volume that acts as a volume for each patch (its a programmable midi preamp) and has an Overall output volume knob.

Hope that helps!
          www.dukeofmetal.tk

Comment

Originally posted by ericmeyer4
            I'm looking for a simple tube preamp or preamp kit. Bass, Treble, Tone. Speaker sim is not necessary. It doesn't need to have built in effects or be anything to complicated. Just want a nice and simple tube preamp. I'm not really intersted in distortion sounds... I want more of a clean sound.

I have been looking at...
            Damage Control: Womanizer- I don't like there control setup
            Hughes and Kettner: Tubeman- Seems like more than I need
            Tone Bone: Classic- Not really a preamp
            Mesa: V-Twin- Discontinued
            Marshall: JMP-1- Too expensive
            Rocktron: Vudoo Valve- Don't know anything about it and I'm not sure it is a tube amp.

Any others I should be looking at?

Thank,
            Eric

Seymour Duncan SFX-03 Twin Tube Classic .... http://www.seymourduncan.com/product...html#twin_tube
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

I own 3 Preamps which are all great for clean sounds:

H&K Tubeman: use it live since many yeas (short after it was released)
              Yamaha DG Stomp: Own it since view weeks, bought it as backup for Tubeman as it was in repair
              Tech21 TriAC: Own it since last Saturday ... - wow, maybe it will replace the Tubeman. Check it out, dude!
              Fender Strat Elite, Epiphone Emporer Regent, Framus Renegade Pro (4x SD Pickups!!!), modded Samick Skull&Snake
              Marshall 6101, Vox AD30VT
              Pedals, pedals, pedals ...

Comment

If you want clean tones, checkout the Mesa Boogie Studio pre. It seriously has chimey Blackface style cleans

MJ
                EMB Audio Remote and Pedal Wahs: www.facebook.com/EMBaudio

Comment

I had a JMP-1 and loved it...you can get them used for around $500 or less...well worth it IMO.
                  If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. I might look into a small tube amp and run a di box with it.

Thanks,
                    Eric

Comment

Working...
                    X