Epi Valve Jr. head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epi Valve Jr. head?

This looks like it would be fun to play with - 5 watts. One Tube. One knob!!
    100 bucks. I love the concept!!

Anyone ever tried one of these? Does it sound as cool as it seems it should?

Get the guaranteed best price on 6 String Acoustic Guitars like the Washburn D10S Acoustic Guitar at Musician's Friend. Get a low price and free shipping on thousands of items.
    The Band:
    www.myspace.com/hawkandroll

Re: Epi Valve Jr. head?

Ive played the combo. Pretty sweet, doesnt clean up very well though.
    Fender and Squier Guitars, Crate Amps and Seymour Duncan Pickups.

Comment

Oh, for the love of god, make the gas stop!
      Gear
      [GUITARS]
      06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
      70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

gas is htting me!
        Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Jackson RR5
        Fender Strat MIM
        Marshall DSL 50
        Marshall 1960A 4x12

Comment

I played the combo yesterday. Way too bright and a really flubby speaker voice. I think an improved speaker would make a big difference. I was not impressed as it was.
          ]
          FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

Not a great amp at all IMO.
            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

I would love to have something like that, but I would rather it stay clean. It might make a good project amp.

Comment

Check the Kustom Tube 12A - one 12ax7 and an 8" Celestion.
                Mine looks different than the picture at MF - more like a mini Fender (silver/gray grill cloth and name tag on vinyl).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...mps?sku=481230

Warmoth Thinline HH Tele w/ 59/Cust Hybrid & 59/Jazz Hybrid
                Warmoth Swamp Ash Chambered Tele w/ Crazy 8, Dream 90, & PG/Jazz Hybrid
                Yamaha FGX 720SC
                Rogue Classic Spider Resonator
                Traynor YCV 40,

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                  Not a great amp at all IMO.
                  Hehe.. well it's 100 bucks.. so I wouldn't expect it to be "great". Just curious to hear what it sounds like. Might be fun to crank it thru a Marshall cab and get some nasty overdriven tones. I like that someone's making something cheap like this. I can be a big fan of cheap amps and stompboxes. It depends. Sometimes you can get cooler and more unique sounds (IMO) than with the fancy, pricey stuff..
                  The Band:

Comment

Originally posted by cheezemaster
                    Hehe.. well it's 100 bucks.. so I wouldn't expect it to be "great". Just curious to hear what it sounds like. Might be fun to crank it thru a Marshall cab and get some nasty overdriven tones. I like that someone's making something cheap like this. I can be a big fan of cheap amps and stompboxes. It depends. Sometimes you can get cooler and more unique sounds (IMO) than with the fancy, pricey stuff..
                    My 1966 Radio Shack amp at 98.00 eats up that lil Epi. That thing is cool through a cab, plus it has that Tandy mojo.
                    ]
                    FACEBOOK FUN RIGHT HERE!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Invasi...94764430540777

www.soundclick.com/kevinschafer

Comment

While a cool and simple layout, it is quite noisey with an annoying constant hum. Remember, you get what you pay for.
                      '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

Originally posted by JumpMarine
                        Remember, you get what you pay for.
                        Hmm... How much did you pay for that tone machine of a Silvertone again?
                        Gear
                        [GUITARS]
                        06 Gibson VOS R8 Iced Tea, 05 Gibson Les Paul Jr. Sunburst, 05 Fender Hwy 1 Strat Sapphire Blue, 06 Ibanez AS73 Cherry, 06 Squier Vintage Mod P Bass

[AMPS]
                        70's Silverface Champ, 60's Silvertone TwinTwelve, Sovtek Mig50, Avatar 212, Vox AD15VT

Comment

LOL, My $22 '60 Silvertone 1471 smokes it too and it's quiet.
                          Originally posted by kevlar3000
                          My 1966 Radio Shack amp at 98.00 eats up that lil Epi. That thing is cool through a cab, plus it has that Tandy mojo.
                          '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

I met a guy in a punk band who used an old 1960's era army radio amplifier for his guitar rig. It sounded really cool. Definitely weird.. but cool. I think he picked it up at some army surplus warehouse for 50 bucks or something...
                            The Band:

Comment

LOL, touche'! You got me there!
                              Originally posted by TheJangus
                              Hmm... How much did you pay for that tone machine of a Silvertone again?

Comment

Working...
                              X