banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thought it was time I posted some gear pics...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thought it was time I posted some gear pics...

Since Fuzz just posted a pic of his new Traynor, I thought I'd retort. :>

The pics are quick and dirty, having been taken five minutes ago with little or no setup - I just walked through the house and took some snaps. Images are:

SF Twin Reverb - 135w model, one of the many 70s Fender products that is much maligned, but way better than anyone gives it credit for. My workhorse amp, sounds great clean, even better cranked, and takes to pedals like nobody's business. If you see one, it'll probably be a great deal, so grab it.

Garnet Session Man combo - this particular amp, according to Gar, is one of only six that were ever made. It's got the 4-EL34 power section of a BTO, giving it twice the cojones of your typical Session Man. It sounds nice, but not one that I go to very often. One of these days I'm gonna take it out live and see what it can do at high volume.

Traynor YBA-3 "Custom Special" head - This head is for sale or trade, if someone makes me the right offer. It's seen its share of action and will eventually need a new fan. I've noticed that a few of these that I've seen on ebay appear to have been modified with holes cut in the sides and newer, plastic fans mounted in them, but this one's still got the clunky old thing it came with, and you can hear it rattling away when you turn the amp on. I've never gigged with it, but it's got an aura of being up for it. :> It's a bass amp, so as you can imagine, the tone is nice and thick, but it still makes an awesome guitar amp, which is what most of the usage I've given it has been for. Great tone controls with tons of options. The fan and the weight of the thing are what keep me from putting it on ebay.

Garnet Gnome - tiny 8w practice amp, modelled on the Fender Champ. I've used it for harp and for noodling around, but mostly it just sits around - I have no reverb pedal, and amps without reverb only work for me in jamming or recording situations, and this is not loud enough to jam, and I don't get a lot of recording done these days. Though come to think of it, I did use this on something, but I can't remember what...

Lastly, the crown jewel, the REAL Canadian Plexi (sorry Fuzz , a Garnet Pro head. Well, the BTO probably should hold that honor.. anyways, this is the 50w version, and is hands down my favourite amp. Heavy As F@%k. If you see one of these, do NOT let it pass you by. I would never sell it, but I would buy ten more, to be absolutely certain I never had to be without it. I just wish I had more opportunities to use it, cause even at 50w, it's freakin' loud from the getgo - the so-called volume knob is actually a gain knob, and it's straining at the end of its leash at all times. Makes you wanna rock. :>

Re: Thought it was time I posted some gear pics...

Very cool amps. I have been really gassing for a Traynor or Garnet bad lately.
    Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
    Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedDemon
      Very cool amps. I have been really gassing for a Traynor or Garnet bad lately.
      And can I say that that gif in your sig has been making me guffaw all morning. My girlfriend keeps running in wondering what's so funny. They are not amused. :>

Comment

The photo of the Traynor had me scratching my head for minute... I thought maybe you had it mounted on the wall or something...
        Rick
        (the original Rick James!)

Sing unto Him a new song; play skillfully with a LOUD noise. Psalm 33:3
        Lincoln Brewster Kutless Newsboys Third Day David Crowder U2

Comment

Awesome set of toys there, bro. I used to have a Twin, though it was from the 80's. I wish I had never sold it. Those older ones are even better.
          It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

Originally posted by RevJToad
            And can I say that that gif in your sig has been making me guffaw all morning. My girlfriend keeps running in wondering what's so funny. They are not amused. :>
            Yeah, I chuckle every time I look at that thing. It's priceless.
            Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
            Thats what I like to hear. Family massacre heavy.

Comment

The Evil Midnight Bomber What Bombs At Midnight, Baby!

And so he says to me, you want to be a bad guy? and I say Yeah Baby! I want to be bad! I says Churchill space ponies I'm making gravy without the lumps! Ah ha ha ha ha haaaaa!!!!!

And he says to me, he says to me, you got Style, baby! but if you're gonna to be a real villain you gotta get a gimmick…and so I go I says Yeah Baby! A gimmick, that's it! High Explosives! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!

Yeah! Keep playing with fire, superpants, you don't know how much fire you're playing with! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!

So he says to me, you gotta do something smart, baby, something big! He says you want to be a supervillain, right, and I go yeah baby, yeah yeah! What do I gotta do? He says you got bombs, blow up the Comet Club, it's packed with superheroes…you'll go down in supervillain history and I go Yeah baby 'cause I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!!! Ah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

And so he says to me, you got legs, baby, you're everywhere…you're all over the place! Yeah!

Hi!

I just, uh, I just uh, wanted to use, the uh, and so he says Evil's OK in by my book what about yours and I go Yeah Baby Yeah! Yeah! I just wanted to uh, wash my hands…

Oh, that's just uh, Boom Baby Boom! I'm the Evil Midnight Bomber what Bombs at Midnight!

Eat my smoke, copper! Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

An object at rest, cannot be stopped!

Excuse me…excuse me…and then I says tell me I'm wrong, and he says I can't baby 'cause you're not !

This could happen to you, baby…this could happen to anybody!

And so he says, I don't like the cut of your jib, and I go, I says it's the only jib I got, baby!

Yeah baby!

Ah ha ha ha ha ha! Sixty seconds till midnight…sixty seconds to nowhere, baby! You have all become victims of the Evil Midnight Bomber what bombs…Hey! Pay attention!

Yeah baby! and you've only got twenty seconds before you all…Eat Ceiling!!!

Yeah baby, oh yeah…

You'll never prove a thing, copper, I'm just a part time electrician…bad is good, baby! Down with government!
              Last edited by The Golden Boy; 03-14-2006, 08:36 PM.
              *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
              Originally posted by Slash2987
              Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
              Originally posted by PVFan
              I'm a good sex man.
              Originally posted by Grumpy
              I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonMIA
                Awesome set of toys there, bro. I used to have a Twin, though it was from the 80's. I wish I had never sold it. Those older ones are even better.
                ahahaha +1!!!!!!! i had no idea waht the hell those newspapers were. looked like some sort of accordion holder. THEN i figured it out.
                [SIZE=1]Guitars:
                Gibson 2001 Les Paul Classic Premium w/ SD JB/59N
                Fender American Deluxe Strat (still stock SCNs)
                Takamine Acoustic

Amps:
                Marshall AVT 50(on the bay)
                Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue

Comment

That gif is funny even though i have NO idea what the boy is talking about..lol Those high powered twins worked for Terrible Ted for many years. Some of those silvereface amps sound pretty darn good to me.
                  '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
                  '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
                  '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
                  '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
                  '01 Firebird V
                  '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
                  '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
                  '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
                  '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
                  '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
                  '04 Martin HD28V
                  '66 Vibrolux Reverb
                  Fender CS '57 Twin RI
                  Marshall 1987x RI
                  Soultone 18w
                  Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

+1 on the Ibanez SC-10 in the corner of the second to last pic. My personal fav!
                    Trainspotter

"...the real key is a good warm delay and lots of lysergic acid diethylamid"

Comment

Originally posted by saladin
                      +1 on the Ibanez SC-10 in the corner of the second to last pic. My personal fav!
                      Yah, happy accident, that... I was jammin' in a reggae band for awhile (never went anywhere cause the bassist was an overbearing prick, but that whole other rant)... anyways, I was told that while my clicky technique on the clean tip was more than acceptable, proper reggae rhythm guitar also requires some effects, starting with a chorus pedal. With that in mind, I bought the first one I saw at a pawnshop the next weekend, which turned out to be quite nice, even though it's really beaten to hell and back and back again... :>

Comment

Working...
                      X