X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GASsing bad!!

Hello gents.

Anybody have any info on Victoria amps?

I came across their Double Deluxe. It's basically a Tweed Deluxe clone built with high end parts in a pine cab. The twist is that its running 30 watts through a pair of 12's.

Would a Fender Bassman RI or Bassbreaker be a similar amp, or is the tweed deluxe preamp way different? The Double Deluxe sports a quartet of 6v6's while the Bassman has 6L6's.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Re: GASsing bad!!

There was a guy at the club I run sound for on Saturday night playing through one of those things. He played through it with a Gibson ES-330....man did he have the best tone!! He had the 330 strung with 12's, so I'm sure that helped...but damn he could play and that amp sounded good!

that's really all the info I have for you sorry man
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Those Victoria's are fine,fine amps and priced accordingly. They are very popular in the UK if you can go by the ads and prices in the Brit guitar mags. They don't make quite as many models as they used to, but everything i have heard about both their Deluxe and Bandmaster circuits has been nothing but raves. Not sure about the new models, but how much worse can they be? lol
      '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
      '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
      '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
      '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
      '01 Firebird V
      '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
      '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
      '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
      '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
      '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
      '04 Martin HD28V
      '66 Vibrolux Reverb
      Fender CS '57 Twin RI
      Marshall 1987x RI
      Soultone 18w
      Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

The Double Deluxe is still cathode biased 6V6's like a 5E3, same phase inverter... So, it sogs up pretty quick but it's a little louder than a 5E3 (30 watts on a very good day). A 5F6A Bassman circuit is fixed bias 6L6 with a long tail PI---very different critter; a lot cleaner, more powerful, more headroom. It would be very difficult to get a Deluxe circuit to sound even remotely like a Bassman no matter how many tubes you stuff in it. A few split the difference options would be an amp based on the 5E5/5E7 Bandmaster or a fixed bias/long tail PI Deluxe with 6L6s...

Comment

I'm not trying to get it to sound like a Bassman, just trying to get an idea of what it would be like. Since I'm familiar with Bassmans (Bassmen?), that's why I asked for comparisons to it.

Comment

Bump for the weekend crowd.

Comment

Victoria's are cool, but hmm for that price I might just get the Fender. They sound like Fenders to me, nothing more or less. Still, great amps!
              1973 Les Paul Standard
              1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Benjy: The Victoria amps are ery nice amps. The Double Deluxe is a 5E3 preamp (4 inputs, 2 volumes and a tone control) with 2 5E3 Deluxe power sections melted together (you get 4 6V6's for 30 watts or so) all mounted in a low power Twin size cab with 2x12's. Those amps don't have much in common with a Tweed Bassman or a Bass Breaker not to mention that the Fender amps are PCB and made to a price point while the Victoria is not.

I would like to tell you this though...if you're looking for a killer Tweed amp at a price thats not stupid call Bruce at Mission Amps. Bruce is Lew's brother and a hell of a nice guy! I was looking for an early 50's V Front Fender Super and was having no luck nialing down a real Fender. So I set out to have one built...I will say that I did call Victoria to see if they would be interested in building it for me as well as Gerald Weber at Kendrick and 2 other guys before calling Bruce. Let's just say this...Bruce got my business! He uses top quality parts that are at least as good (if no better in some cases) that what Victoria uses thte craftsman ship is second to none the time was pretty quick and the quality to price ratio will make you scratch your head...this amp could have easily cost me twice or more what it did! I couldn't be happier!
                If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Does Bruce have a web page or email?

Comment

Benjy: you have a PM
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Working...
                    X