Guitar recording....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar recording....

Recording my guitar onto the computer is pretty bad. Considering i have Seymour Duncan pickups, and the Boss GT8....you'd certainly expect it to sound pretty good, at least! But no, my soundcard is terrible. So, i've been looking into soundcards, even though i'd have to take it to a shop. Does anyone know of anything i can use which won't require getting a new soundcard??? Perhaps some audio "machine" that you can plug you guitar into, which goes into the computer?? I'm very unexperienced when it comes to recording to the computer, and anything to do with computer software. So please help me! Any suggestions are more than welcome! Thank you,

Alex
    g r e z * If you think that's big, wait 'til you see my mum's.. says:

there's not a lot better, than messin about with a little kitten.. that is, I mean.. havin a little play fight, or whatever.. not.. like.. tryna put your cock anywhere near it...just to clarify.

Re: Guitar recording....

Pod xt does not require a sound card - You record via usb.

There are a few usb soundcards around.......i think this is what you are looking for. I got a really cheap one a while back....i'll try and find a link

Comment

This is it...the i mic - just plug your Gt8 into this

Comment

What kind of soundcard do you have?
        "Faster than a laser bullet
        Louder than an atom bomb"

Comment

Ahhh, cheers! That'd be alot of help. So, if it has USB, you won't need a new soundcard??? lol...I apologise for sounding like a beginner..even though, i am....computer wise.

there's not a lot better, than messin about with a little kitten.. that is, I mean.. havin a little play fight, or whatever.. not.. like.. tryna put your cock anywhere near it...just to clarify.

Comment

I really don't know what soundcard i have. I don't know how to check either, it's a dell computer..it's about two years old. The soundcard has never been changed, the guitar just sounds too bassy, and it can't handle too much delay or too many effects at once...especially with distortion. It sounds very muffled, even though through an amp, it's fantastic! If i lower the bass, it sounds alright, but not much better. Do you know how to check which soundcard you have???

Comment

Thank you for that link! That's brilliant, only £23 aswell..bargain! Cheers for your help :-D

Alex

Comment

Between the avatar and the dancing marshmellow men I think I'm getting dizzy....

I'd recommend getting something like this: http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_u...kUSB-main.html and a micrphone like an SM57. That will make your recordings sound a whole lot more like a record...

Comment

Working...
                X