ISP Decimator finaly got in! - Yay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISP Decimator finaly got in! - Yay

Well I'm terrible at reviews but this pedal suprized me.

I've gotten to the point where I just don't care for humbuckers anymore and I've gone pretty much single only now. But the 60cycle hum was driving me nuts, especialy when I wanted some grit at volume.

So I started a long search for a descent noise reducer and found this jem.

So after dealing with a shop for 3 weeks of delays they finaly got me one in(They were knocking $30 off the normal price, that's why I got it from them.), and its pretty damn amazing.
    The ONLY time you'll know that you have a noise reducer in the line is if you pick extremely lightly with your fingers, theres no loss of sustain at all, hell you can even get controlable feedback out of it. There doesn't seem to be any decay like a normal noise reducer has.

And its dead silent, I can have my gain and volume maxed, and as long as the pedal is on my amp is silent.

It seems to react to picking dynamics, so if you pick slow or fast, or just hold a note, it will change how it functions or something.

It does change your tone slightly, in my case I actually think it makes things sound better, it takes some of the fuzz out.(Not much, but noticable.)

It honestly is the next best thing to having hum-canceling pickups. Or better in a case like mine.

Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Re: ISP Decimator finaly got in! - Yay

Where do you use it?
    Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
    Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
    Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
    Epiphone LP Special w/JB
    Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
    Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
    Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Re: ISP Decimator finaly got in! - Yay

Right infront of the amp.

The pre-amp is quiet, no need to put it in the effects loop.
      Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

Working...
      X