X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pics from Jeff Seal

after....

True beauty!!!
    Last edited by Luke Duke; 03-17-2006, 11:46 AM.
    “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Re: Pics from Jeff Seal

looks great!

fill us in luke

was this work jeff did for you? ... if so, what all did he do? .. what are the sonic changes (before / after)?

t4d
    gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

yeah tell us!
      Ibanez Roadstar II
      EBMM AXIS HoneyBurst
      VHT 50/12 Pitbull

Jack Nicholson: It's not true. Some have great stories, pretty stories that take place at lakes with boats and friends and noodle salad. Just no one in this car. But, a lot of people, that's their story. Good times, noodle salad. What makes it so hard is not that you had it bad, but that you're that pissed that so many others had it good.

Comment

Originally posted by tone?
        yeah tell us!
        Do they hurt?

It's hard to be metal in girl pants.

My Gear

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Comment

You should just leave that baby open or put a clear plexiglass top on it. It's just to pretty to keep hidden. It looks great.

Are those huge orange tone caps?
          Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
          -Conrad Hilton

Comment

why does that amp look so familiar?? is that a 70's JMP 50w by chance?? if so, what did Jeff do to it because my '79 JMP need serious help and that looks like the kinda of help that would make me happy LOL.

Jeff, when you read this...we need to talk for sure!!

-Mike
            Last edited by XSSIVE; 03-17-2006, 11:38 AM.
            www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
              looks great!

fill us in luke

was this work jeff did for you? ... if so, what all did he do? .. what are the sonic changes (before / after)?

t4d
              I haven't got the amp back yet, Jeff sent me the pics last night. He said he should be able to ship it out today after I pay him of course.

To be honest I'm not sure WHAT all Jeff did. I told him some tones I was looking for and problems I was having. He told me that due to the fact that my board was in such great condition he thought I'd be best off having the amp re-built then he could do anything, and in the future it wouldn't be so painful to work on. One thing we really talked about was a Post Phase Inverter Master Volume.

I just takled to Jeff and he said he'll be on to explain what he did.

Luke
              “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                why does that amp look so familiar?? is that a 70's JMP 50w by chance?? if so, what did Jeff do to it because my '79 JMP need serious help and that looks like the kinda of help that would make me happy LOL.

Jeff, when you read this...we need to talk for sure!!

-Mike
                It is an 81 JMP 2204. Good eyes Mike!

When I picked it up it had 6550s in it which sounded pretty good, but I opted for some KT88s which really put some warmth and thunder into it.

I was planning on sending it to him, but a problem that occurred made me send it in sooner, rather than later. I get a dunce award for not thinking to move around the preamp tubes since they were new. What happened (from what I understand) is that a loose tube socket had blown one of them. Since the heater came on I didn't even think about it any further.

Now it is healthy..and happy. Soon I will be too.

Luke

Comment

looks great bro!!! can' wait for final pics and a tonal review!!!
                  Originally posted by jeremy
                  God hates bad guitar tone
                  GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                  AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                  EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                  Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Wow, thats cool...how much is this costing you?

Comment

Originally posted by msawitzke
                      Wow, thats cool...how much is this costing you?
                      All I feel comfortable saying online is NOT ENOUGH!!!

For this kind of work I expect some techs to change twice as much, maybe more.

Shoot him a PM and he can tell you more.

Luke

Comment

Right on...just curious...that is a big time mod...

Comment

bump for Jeff, so what did you do and when do you want to do it to my '79 JMP ...seriously.

-Mike
                          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Luke: I talked to ya last night bro but I have to say that is a killer looking amp brother!

If it sounds half as good as it looks you'll be a happy guy! So, did you stay with KT-88's
                            If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
                              Luke: I talked to ya last night bro but I have to say that is a killer looking amp brother!

If it sounds half as good as it looks you'll be a happy guy! So, did you stay with KT-88's
                              Yeah I decided that I'd keep em in there for a while because thus far I've really liked the results, but maybe in the future I'll try something else.

Luke

Comment

Working...
                              X