Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bassman History/Evolution

Hey All,
    I am somewhat of a newb with regards to the evolution of the bassman, and was hoping one of you could fill in the blanks of my limited knowledge...

I believe the genesis of the Bassman was that it was designed as a bass amp, and then some pioneer guitarist gave it a whirl, and fell in love with the sound, and soon after others followed...eventually to the point that Marshall decided to duplicate the particulars in an effort to market their own model with the same specs.

right so far?

If so, what happened to the original fender? Is it really the same Bassman that they sell today? (I doubt that myself)

If it was such a successful product for guitarists, did they just "rename" it as a model for guitarists. In other words, is the old Bassman available today under a different model name?

And with regards to the Marshall copy (if I was right about that), are there any current Marshall model(s) that are still the Bassman "clones" ?

thanks in advance for any insight. I've been wondering about this for a while, but it took a nice slow friday at the office for me to finally remember to post this inquiry

-sabe

Re: Fender Bassman History/Evolution

it's called the Fender Bassman LTD..and it's a reissue of the famed 1959 Fender Bassman 4x10 combo. That would be the equivelant available today
    Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
    It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
    Originally posted by LesStrat
    Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

check the voluminous Fender literature out there...it's a long story.

Comment

The new Bassmans (Bassmen?) are not of that design- the reissue is.

The Marshall would be the JTM 45 RI.
        *Recipient of the 2006 Time Magazine "Man Of The Year" Award*
        Originally posted by Slash2987
        Oh c'mon man, quit being such a liberal and actually accept someone disagrees with you.
        Originally posted by PVFan
        I'm a good sex man.
        Originally posted by Grumpy
        I am just jug the merlot.

Comment

thanks for the feedback. I didn't even know where to start.

digestin' it all and filling in my lore knowledge of this chapter in Amp History.

Comment

Working...
          X