Calling all dl4 users!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all dl4 users!

Just wondering how you run your line 6 dl4 delay modellers?

I run mine through my effects loop still (ive talked about this before on this forum) and i run it totally wet so all the signal goes through the delay box. Now i know this wouldnt normally be peoples first choice but ive tried only mixing it in halfway on the effects loop mix and it drops the volume off dramatically and starts sounding really really weird, like unusable weird. Ive had this happen through a mates marshall rack mount preamp too...he wanted to try out my line6 dl4 and i brought it to his place and he put it through the loop and it sounded shocking just like when you only mix a bit in on my ENGL loop, but then he put his digitech stompbox delay back in the loop and it sounded huge like it should have.

I didnt get it, but ive just run the ENGL rig totally wet through the dl4 since i started using it and it sounds good, only i cant help thinking its not set up properly and it could be sounding better.

Thoughts anyone?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: Calling all dl4 users!

I'm not sure that I totally understood your description, so I'll tell you how I use mine. I use it in the loop with the DL4's mix (level) totally wet. That way, with the effects level control on the amp totally off, I get the amp's pure tone with no effect level mixed in. As I turn the amp's effects level up, it mixes in a little bit of totally wet effected signal with the tone of the amp.

Make sense?
    Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Hmm that sorta makes sense.

Do you mean to say you put the dl4 separate from your other pedals and run it through the effects loop of your amp. Then you get your other pedals and put them into the front end?

And with the amp effects loop you have it totally dry and then mix in a desired amount of the dl4?

Not sure what you mean by the DL4 mix totally wet...do you mean to say you just leave it cranked on full and then you can mix in a desired amount?
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying, I think...lol

I have the mix on the DL4 totally wet (turned all of the way up) so that the effects level control on the amp mixes in a little bit of very wet signal coming from the DL4. That way, I have a little bit of very effected tone mixed with a lot more of the true tone of the amp.
        Last edited by HamerPlyr; 03-18-2006, 12:04 AM.

Comment

Let me add that I usually only use two or three pedals- an overdrive, a fuzz, and the DL4. The first two go in front and the DL4 goes in the loop. If I do mix in a phaser or somesuch other effect, I run it through the loop and adjust its level relative to the level of the DL4.

Comment

BTW, you can make yourself crazy with this stuff. Once upon a time, when amps didn't have an effects loop, I ran all of the stuff before the amp and was happy with it. Ignorance is bliss, I guess.

Comment

Yeah true, one of my main amps doesnt have a loop anyway and when i use that i just put it all through the front and its fine.

Ill have to try the mixing in of the delay with a maxed out mix level on the DL4 because in the past ive tried mixing the loop a little and like i said in my first post it just dropped the volume off heaps and only came up to proper volume again at either full wet, or full dry ends of the effects loop mix knob.

???
              My Soundclick page.

Comment

mine goes right at the end of the effects chain, in front of the amp, in non-true bypass mode so the delays trail off when i shut it off. it is also better for looping this way.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                X