Damage Control FX.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Control FX.

Check out these OD's and Distortion pedals! These might be the answer for all the guys who are seeking high quality distortion out of their rig.
    I haven't seen them anywhere, but am wondering if anyone knows anything about them?

MusicToyz.com has a wide selection of guitar effect pedals from delay to distortion pedals & everything in between. FREE shipping on all US orders over $99!

Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Re: Damage Control FX.

I once tried the solid metal here in munich and damn did it sound cool, but here in Germany the regular pedals(not the real preamps/those are even more expensive) cost 230€(about 280$) which is way more than i'm willing to pay for a pedal,even if it sounds great.
    - 03 B.C. Rich Custom Shop Stealth EMG 81(n)/89(m)/60(n)
    - 04 Malmsteen Sig. Strat DMZ HS-3(b)/YJM(m)/YJM(n)
    - 05 Line 6 Variax 700
    - 08 Schecter C-7 Hellraiser Blackout N/B
    - 04 B.C. Rich NJ beast(Speedloader) SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - 99 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock SD Dimebucker(b)/Full Shred(n)
    - Clarity(by Johnson) Ovation Copy
    - Takamine acoustic(not sure abut year and model)
    -Engl Sovereign 100 Vintage 1x12 Combo + Engl Pro 4x12 (V30s)

Comment

Carlino Guitars has the Demonizer and Womanizer models.
      That sure is alot of money for a pedal...but from the clips they do sound pretty good.
      Constantly wanting new gear...

Comment

i'm real big on tube amp distortion but if i had to use a pedal for my high gain needs the only 3 i would consider would be the damage control demonizer, the G2D Morpheus or a good ol' Mesa v-twin. two of which are tube driven distortion pedals and the G2D being the only non-tube distortion pedal i've heard that i actually liked.

-Mike
        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

ignorant as i am in the ways of all things pedal (in general) and all things distortion/OD/gain/boost/etc.(in specific), can someone tell me how this is different from the sfx-03?

thanks
          t4d
          gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Originally posted by tone4days
            ignorant as i am in the ways of all things pedal (in general) and all things distortion/OD/gain/boost/etc.(in specific), can someone tell me how this is different from the sfx-03?

thanks
            t4d

Different tubes + Different company generally equals a Different product + Different tone

This is essentially competing directly with the SFX-03, and would be with the V-twin if they weere still being made, as they "essentially" all do the same thing....
            Last edited by Zerberus; 03-19-2006, 10:33 AM.
            Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Looks cool but for that price I could just get a V-twin 2nd hand... Besides I don't really need another pedal... ahhh damn this forum!

Comment

Man I just don't see that kind of money for distortion/OD pedals. It just isn't that hard to get a good sound.
                My Bands -
                https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

the way i see it, you're playing through the wrong amp if you need a distortion pedal. if you need more distortion/gain it should be from the amp, not a pedal IMO. thus why i said if i HAD to use a pedal for it it would be the above 3 i mentioned since they are the only ones that sound "real" and not like an added on pedal to me.

an OD pedal on the other hand is a different story.

-Mike
                  www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by XSSIVE
                    the way i see it, you're playing through the wrong amp if you need a distortion pedal. if you need more distortion/gain it should be from the amp, not a pedal IMO. thus why i said if i HAD to use a pedal for it it would be the above 3 i mentioned since they are the only ones that sound "real" and not like an added on pedal to me.

an OD pedal on the other hand is a different story.

-Mike
                    Which isnīt really surprising in the case of the V-twin because itīs not a "Distortion pedal" but a tube preamp that can be used to record directly or drifve a power amp ... not too sure on the features of the other 2...
                    Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

well in most cases it is used pretty much like a distortion pedal though and has the same effect on your sound as one. so yeah i guess that's a bit of a grey area.

-Mike
                      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I posted this reply in another thread here, and I'm too lazy to write it all over again. So, with a few edits added, here is my take on the Damage Control Womanizer.

I have been using a Womanizer for almost 2 months now. Although I initially balked at the price, I'm convinced that it's a good deal. It is a superlative stompbox in front of an amp -- sounds great with my Bad Cat Cub and '54 tweed Deluxe among others. You can set the EQ flat and use it as a great clean boost or truly uncolored OD, or you can change the character of your amp by altering the pre-EQ mid response and the post-EQ bass and treble ---- all are active for cut or boost. It's a great way to add another channel to a good single channel amp.

The opto compressor is absolutely the BEST I've tried. It does not totally squash the dynamics or suck out the low end until you get it past 2:00 o'clock, giving it a much greater useable range than any other stomp comp I've tried, including the Keeley Compressor and the HBE CPR. With the comp at 12 to 2 o'clock, I retain good dynamics and balanced tonal response while increasing sustain -- and it's significantly quieter than any other stomp comp I've heard to boot. In other words, it puts a studio-grade opto-compressor at your feet.

I haven't tried using it as a preamp for a PA or power amp, but the direct out provides a great tool for direct recording. It has a more dynamic, tube amp feel than my POD XT, and it sounds significantly warmer and more dynamic when recorded than the couple of digital modelers I've tried (POD, Digitech). In sum, it's a great tool for recording, whether you need to record late at night, or need to avoid intrusive ambient sounds when recording (like the Fedex jets flying overhead at my place), or you just want to skip the time involved in micing an amp cab.

So, when you figure the cost of a dual vacuum tube preamp/OD unit ($200 and up), plus the cost of a studio quality opto compressor ($200 and up), plus the direct recording capability ($200 and up), I think it's actually a bargain. If you don't need all of that, then I guess you should look elsewhere, but as a total package it delivers the goods.

BTW, although I haven't tried it yet, I think the option of running the amp out to a good tube amp and the direct out to a PA or recording board will provide a great way to bump up your live sound or double your recorded tracks. I'll be trying the latter approach for recording in the near future.

Finally, the folks at Damage Control have been just as responsive to questions as the folks at SD. That's a rare but welcome bonus.
                        Last edited by Kelsey; 03-20-2006, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X