Blackfacing cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blackfacing cost?

thread derail... i really want to play one of Kendrick's K-Spots. It wasnt' that long ago he announced he was getting out of the amp bidness, then he came back in with this one.

The way I look at it, and the reason I want to play it, is that this amp should have all of gerald's experience and fine tuning in it, developed over the years. I'd like to hear how good that really is. That'd be another reason to go to the upcoming DFW guitar show.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Gerald never actually stopped building amp...he did cut way back and he did discontinue most (if not all) of his Tweed Fender clones.

The best Kendrick I ever tried that was NOT a Tweed Fender Clone was the Gig Rig...that was a killer amp!
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F

Another option since you are talking about coming to TX to pick up your amp is to just bring it with you and we'll blackface it over a few beers.
        WOW!!! That sounds like the offer of the century there!! How could you pass that up?
        I get weak in the knees at the sight of a vintage Fender amp!

Comment

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
          Gerald never actually stopped building amp...he did cut way back and he did discontinue most (if not all) of his Tweed Fender clones.

I don't know man, he took out huge full page ads in Vintage Guitar where he said he was done making amps, wanted to focus on his seminars instead. I'm guessing the seminars aren't the big draw he was thinking perhaps? I dunno. Still a good guy, no doubt.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Man, that does sound like the offer of the century, just gotta figure out what I'll do with my girlfriend for a couple of hours while it gets done I love her dearly, but she's not the most patient person, nor does she understand the finer points of getting great tone...an amp is an amp ya know? (and do you think she'd let me go to Texas without her? what..with that reputation texas women have? )

I actually do think I'm quite capable of doing it myself, I do know how to discharge caps (had a very competent electrician friend of mine teach me)....just a matter of getting the right parts and doing it. One thing I don't have is a meter for checking the resistors and capacitors...something i'm sure I should pick up anyway, just something I haven't gotten around to...anyone got one they recommend that doesn't cost big bucks?
            Originally posted by Jakob Dylan
            It's a little gross to put yourself in every song. I mean, how interesting do people really think you are?
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            Paris Hilton's psychiatrist... Now that's gotta be an easy job. Kinda like being an auto mechanic in an Amish community.

Comment

Radio Shack sells a good meter that shoudl last a lifetime. Here's a link...

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by newking70
                I wrote these fellas and they said that they will convert a blackface Deluxe RI to blackface handwired for $300 plus shipping. Sounds like a plan to me.....and they are in Gulf Breeze (Pensacola) FL, sos i could drop it of the next time i am in the panhandle on business and save the outbound shipping cost. They recommended the Weber ceramic version of the JBL 120 as their speaker of choice for the upgrade, but i already bought a G12H30 Heritage, so we will see.......maybe that will go in Deluxe or maybe in an extension cab for the 18w. But if you think about it, thats not bad. If you use a regular good speaker and buy a RI on ebay or someplace, you could have essentially a brand new blackface Deluxe for around $1k.
                '05 '59 Les Paul RI, WCR Goodwoods
                '06 '58 Les Paul VOS, WCR Fillmores
                '04 '57 Les Paul RI, WCR Moore/Green
                '98 '54 Les Paul Custom RI, SD CS P90/A5
                '01 Firebird V
                '06 '51 Nocaster Relic, SD CS Broadcaster
                '94 40th Ann '54 Strat RI, Antiquities
                '96 '62 Strat RI, Fralin Blues Specials
                '05 '52 Tele RI, Fralin Blues Specials
                '94 Mexican Tele, Broadcaster/Vintage
                '04 Martin HD28V
                '66 Vibrolux Reverb
                Fender CS '57 Twin RI
                Marshall 1987x RI
                Soultone 18w
                Deluxe Reverb RI

Comment

CFF......well, if you like, you and Scott and I could send the wives/gf's out "shopping" and we could meet at the shop and take care of the amp over beers there...(how much trouble could we get into with a topless bar 20 yards away?????! )

Jeff Seal
                  ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
                  www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lewguitar
                    Hi Scott! Are you thinking of Gerald or Dan Torres? I didn't know Gerald had a kit like that...I know Dan does...and he gets trashed even more often than Gerald! His kits do work though...I learned alot about amps from installing Dan's kits. Lew
                    Dan's kit turned my Princeton Reverb into a Lil' Buzz Box. But I must admit, It did wonder's for my old 77'Twin (135watt) But those Linear powered
                    Twin's where probably the most Silvery faced sounding amps in the whole Silverface line.
                    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Working...
                    X