effects chain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effects chain

does anybody have any thoughts on where in the effects chain a clean boost (bad bob) would go?

Re: effects chain

I put my Fulltone Fat Boost at the very end of my signal chain. I use it more as a solo boost instead of a clean boost though.

Comment

I use a DOD FX10 Preamp as an "always on" boost. I use just a small amount of boost, just enough to kick the signal through my pedals and boost my single-coil tones before they hit my Mesa amps--all without causing distortion.

Bill
      When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

I run my SFX 01 first in the chain but right after my wah..
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

i kind of think front of the chain is the right place also -- i'll let you know after i get the thing..........

Comment

I run my Barber Launch Pad at the very end of my chain as a lead boost, sounds great and it's really, really LOUD.

Cheers,

CJ
            www.myspace.com/cjreaper

Comment

I run my boost in my FX loop so that it is right before the power section of my amp. I have it set as a very clean boost and use it just to bump the volume if I need more level.

Comment

after a fair amount of experimenting, here's the new order of my fx chain -- strat or bluesbird, then BBB, then TS-9, then Ibanez DL-10 delay, to amp -- i had the BBB at the end of the chain and realized it was making everything sound too harsh -- much better at the beginning -- even with a simple pedal like the bad bob, you really do have to mess around with it long enough to figure out where the best settings are in relation to the rest of your rig...
                Last edited by hellatone; 03-24-2006, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X