No announcement yet.

Any Crank Chadwick Or Revolution Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Crank Chadwick Or Revolution Users?

Are these amps really all that? Do tell.

I didn't have a great experience with the Revolution. Is there a recommended cab they should go through?
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: Any Crank Chadwick Or Revolution Users?

I know Alan Chadwick...he joined Krank just to do that amp, basically. It isn't nearly as high gain metalhead as their other amps. Its more vintagey...pretty good stuff from what I heard in his bedroom. I never actually heard the production model...

Comment

Well I don't have much experience with it seeing as I got the Revolution last week. I must say that it is a very different sound than most heads I've played. It depends on what you want to do. The low end on the amp is VERY tight, the sweep eq is a nice feature, you can get some drastically different tones using just this. The gain is not over the top like say a Peavey XXX but it is enough for playing metal...as long as you aren't a gain head and like obsessive amounts of gain. It's not buzzy on the "Krank" channel, and is very defined. If you do a lot of soloing and aren't very clean, this amp will let you know in a hurry, and that's something I like. I believe it's more forgiving than say a Diezel but it still doesn't let flubbed notes fly like a Marshall will.(I'm not knocking Marshalls everybody!) The "Kleen" channel is impressive, great headroom, no break-up all that jazz. KrankGuitarist will be able to give you a better 411 on the Revolution because I think he's had his longer. I love it, like I said it's a very different sound than most "modern" amps out there and I'm sure it's not for everyone. It's great for me though and I'm very happy with it.
      Guitars
      Fender American Standard Strat(US)
      w/ Seymour Duncan Hotrail neck, Fullsize JB in Bridge
      Cort MGM-1 sig. model
      w/ EMG 81 bridge, EMG 85 neck (pwnd)
      Amps
      Line 6 Spider II 150 watt 2x12 combo

Comment

Oh and another thing, this is def. not a bedroom volume amp, it sounds absolutely horrible turned down!
        Guitars
        Fender American Standard Strat(US)
        w/ Seymour Duncan Hotrail neck, Fullsize JB in Bridge
        Cort MGM-1 sig. model
        w/ EMG 81 bridge, EMG 85 neck (pwnd)
        Amps
        Line 6 Spider II 150 watt 2x12 combo

Comment

Working...
        X