Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Svetlana vs. Winged Cs

Howdy,
    It's new tube time for my Marshall dsl. so I checked the tubestore site. The way they describe these two makes of EL-34's, it sounds to me like Svetlana is the way to go. Thing is I have the winged Cs in my amp. now and like them. But my amp is a little on the "boomy" side and the price is lower for the Svets. What do you guys think? I want the tubes that sound the best. Thanx.

Re: Svetlana vs. Winged Cs

If you go with Svetlanas there is less of bottom end and it will be looser. Winged Cs have a tighter/more bottom end. If you don't care about a looser bottom end I think you would like the Svetlanas.
    Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
    Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
    Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
    Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
    Fender Frontman 15g
    Cry Baby
    Boss DS-2
    Boss CE-3
    Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

I don't know how you feel about Groove tubes, but they have an EL34LS, which is a true 30 watt tube, most other EL34's are 25 watt tubes. You could conceivable gain 10 more watts with them- I love them in my Marshall
      " Rock and Roll IS a contact sport!"

Comment

Originally posted by marvar
        I don't know how you feel about Groove tubes, but they have an EL34LS, which is a true 30 watt tube, most other EL34's are 25 watt tubes. You could conceivable gain 10 more watts with them- I love them in my Marshall
        http://www.groovetubes.com/product.cfm?Product_ID=1690
        Those tubes are really JJ EL34L's.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
        Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
        Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
        Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

Working...
        X