just bought a Vox Valvetronix head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just bought a Vox Valvetronix head

Good reviews on here. I wanted a soldano sound and this has it plus many other amp I will never own.
    Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
    Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
    Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
    Epiphone LP Special w/JB
    Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
    Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
    1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
    Peavey 6505+ combo

Re: just bought a Vox Valvetronix head

Welcome to the family. As you now know, these things are just so versatile and sound great doing it. Did you get the 60 or the 120?

Comment

I love my AD60 head. It's one of those amps that you like more, once you've had it awhile, because it's so versatile. There's a few features on it that are so good, I wish tube amps would adopt them...such as the on board tuner, adjustable volume on the line out and headphones, and especially the rotary dials that give you OD's and variable wattage. I think the tube amp companies should try to add those features.

The best feature is the OD's in front of the amp models. They allow you to really shape the gain structure......not just on highgain amp models, but the clean ones too.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Love my VTH 120 head....Welcome to the family! Great amp!
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I got the 120 watter. I am exited. Hope it gets here soon. The OD option is sweet. The presets I read about also sound cool. Cannot wait to try "Mista Scary," a cheezy take but the point was recieved!
          Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
          Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
          Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
          Epiphone LP Special w/JB
          Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
          Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
          1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
          Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

Working...
          X