Whats a good punk amp to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats a good punk amp to buy?

Just get a 50watt marshall DSL...that'l be plenty nasty and will be easy to get tone out of for you, and affordable.
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Do a search and you will find that there is no amp, guitar, or pedal "for punk". If you want to sound like someone specific, we can help you...otherwise you will end up with three pages of different amps. When it comes down to it, anything will do as long as it's loud.

Comment

How many punks does it take to decide on a guitar amp?

Three. One to buy a loud, nasty Marshall and the other two to argue whether Marshalls are punk or not.

Comment

If you want to go a little cheaper if your going the Marshall route try looking at a JCM900 with El-34's. They sound nice with a bit of gain and have plenty of gain for the modern punk if you want that sound too.
          Fender MIM Strat 59 trembucker bridge/Super II neck
          Edwards 56' Goldtop 2 x SD P90-1s
          Marshall JCM 900 MKIV 2100 slx
          Marshall JCM 900 1936 Celestion GT-75/Vintage 30 cab,
          Fender Frontman 15g
          Cry Baby
          Boss DS-2
          Boss CE-3
          Danelectro Wasabi

Comment

buy a bass amp and play your guitar through it. true punk sounds like crap and doesnt conform to everyone else's rules (like using a guitar amp for guitars ha!)
            - KEVIN

MY BAND: http://thefathom.bandcamp.com

Budda Superdrive 80 II Half Stack; Mesa D-180 + Custom Emperor 2x12 Bass Cabinet
            Music Man John Petrucci (Scream'n Demon/Jazz); Ibanez S2120 (Full Shred set); Steinberger GR4
            Ibanez SR3006; Ibanez BTB1005

Originally posted by DankStar
            I'm the Betty Crocker Easy Bake Oven® of riffs. Ding! Another batch is done.

Comment

Sovtek's are interesting...

Comment

I use a Traynor Reverb Mate 40 (I don't play punk, but it's a great amp that costs about $150 from Musician's Friend and ships free). It's got two 8" speakers, 40 Watts of power, two channels. By far the best deal in it's price range. Sounds good, too.

I use a multi effect processor with it. With the levels on my processor where they are, I don't turn my amp's volume past 2, or the cops would be here in about a minute. Get 1 decent overdrive/distortion pedal, crank it and the amp, and wail away.

Comment

get a Fender Blues Junior combo and push the hell out of it.. 15 tube watts for 400 retail.. or if you want really loud, get a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe with the distortion channels for an extra 200 retail

Comment

Working...
                  X