Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CORNFORD HELLCAT MARK 2 - LET's TALK!

Are these killer?

I haven't even used the MArk 1. The new Cornford has channel switching and FX loop options.

Are the Cornfords all that? Do they eat Bogners and Marshalls up? Do they have more harmonics and tone. I like the concept that there is sort of a clean signal going with the gain signal - or whatever it is I read. Either way, sounds like a great concept.
    1973 Les Paul Standard
    1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Re: CORNFORD HELLCAT MARK 2 - LET's TALK!

Cornford...

The new amp is the MK50II, not hellcat.

A 50w 2 channel amp with 2 master volumes and 2 effects loops.

Are they all that? yes, they are some of (if not the) best amps being built, they are versatile, dynamic and full of the most wonderfull tone, they sound good from Blues through to metal.

For metal it doesnt have the crushing tight bottom end of a Dual rect or a peavey 5150, So thats not its main thing.

The amps dont run clean and distortion at the same time.

They have which to my ears is the nicest lead sound ever, its rich and full of dynamics and harmonics and its just wonderfull.

Does it eat bogners? i dont know i doubt it, but id say its at the same level.. Does it eat marshalls? no marshall made in the last 20 years sounds anywhere near as good as these amps.

I dont know about old marshalls, since i havent really tried them, but some of my favourite tones ever were recorded with old marshalls so i dont know.

The overdrive sits inbetween marshall and mesa in a way, but it has its own sound, the cornford sound, that sound is amazing (check their website for clips), joe satriani recorded his last (not latest) album with cornfords.

The clean is a bit like a good fender twin, on steroids, effin amazing, among the best clean sounds there is(that i have heard).

I have heard people shun these amps as "shredder" amps, but that in my opinion is just rediculous, they sound perfect from pure clean all the way up to metal territory, id feel perfectly happy using this amp for any style.

I have actually only tried the Hurricane, Hellcat and MK50I, all the amps are out of this world amazing, The MK50II has 2 channels (MK501 is one channel with footswitchable gainstages) and the Mk50II also has the extra effects loop.
    Cornford Hellcat
    Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
    Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
    Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
    Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Working...
    X