Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Metal Head

Originally posted by BigBazz
    I dunno about the mesa thing, used a 50/50 poweramp alone(here in uk atleast) would cost probably twice (or more) what the Jmp-1 rack full setup would cost.

Just thinking if you was looking at the metal head then you were looking for something low budget..

Mesa is hardly low budget. lol.

Personally i think a mesa rect is bland compared to a 5150.

You're forgetting I'm in the land of the free, the home of the brave.

Here in the US, I can get a V-Twin/50:50 rig used for around $800USD pretty much all the time. Add an Avatar 4x12 stereo cab, and you're somewhere around the $1300 mark. If you ask me, that's not a lot of money for a 3 channel full tube 100 watt rig that sounds totally pro.

Here, just the JMP and Marshall 50/50 power section puts you close to $1200 (on average). That still leaves you looking for a cab.

BTW, the V-Twin doesn't sound like a Recto. It's actually quite nice.
    Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Fair enough

Id get a CarvinTs100 poweramp with a jmp-1 though, $500 new.
      Cornford Hellcat
      Peavey 5150 - Marshall 1960A cab

Ibanez 1994 Jem7VWH - Stock
      Fender Strat - Fullshred/Duckbucker/lil59
      Fender Strat - Jb Jr bridge + 2x Fender Single coils
      Fender 1976 Precision Bass

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlueLightRideTV

Comment

Ok, I played with JCM 900 for 2 years and with JCM 2000 for three years, and then took a 5 year break which as you can see I am back from. So, those two heads are my entire amp experience, they satisfied most of the requirements but now I have a tone in my head that partialy my invader hum strat satisfies, I am realy after the bright middle with clarity during single note palm muted riffs and thick pick harmonics my rythm tone is somewhere between eghties Iommi and Zakk Wylde with single note riffs and pick harmonics of Lynch, Malmsteen, Helloween, now this is the best way I can describe it don't take it this examples litteraly just to give you an idea. Now, the question, considering the tone I am after what are the pluses and minuses of over drive tube pedal and power amp (V-twin and 50/50) vs. tube head engle, laney, marshall, mesa, etc. with some sort of pedal ? thanks
        Active Duty Rig:
        MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
        Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

anyone, ......... anyone ???? plizzzz, metal please with a marshal on top please ????
          Active Duty Rig:
          MIA Lone Star Strat (HS-Fullshred/Tex-Special neck)
          Warmoth Roads V/Kramer Neck (HS - Custom/Tex-Special neck)

BadHoarsie Original ->

Laney AOR 50 ProTube ( 6 knobber ) / Laney GH50L | efxloop Rocktron Hush Super C/BBE 422A Sonic Maximizer | Weber lite Mass Attenuator ->

JCM900_1960A 4 x 12

Comment

Working...
          X