banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage 30 vs G12H30 v Greenbacks - which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vintage 30 vs G12H30 v Greenbacks - which one?

Thank's Lew. That's good to hear.

Comment

re: Blue Alnico

Originally posted by Lewguitar
      Very bright speaker...be careful!
      That's what I love about 'em!
      Originally posted by ImmortalSix
      I am just jug the merlot

Comment

I have a greenback/ g12h30 (heritage) / v30 and texas. Alot of lows. Almost too much. I was debating on trying the g12t75 and g12h30 anniversary in place of the heritage and texas. I am sure it would sound very similar with less bass. I do like the combination alot in my Voodoo amps 4x12. I had a governor before the greenback and like the greenback in the mix better as the governor has a higher frequency that is very upper mid compared to the greenbacks low mids.
        My bands links:

PEDL
        www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
        www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
        www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

I love my G12T75's. Great for my modded JCM 800. With my new vox I may get a V30. All of the above mentioned speaker have pro, cons, and purposes. All of the above have been used/used by many pros with great tone.
          Peavey Wolfgang(USA) EBMM pickups
          Meanstreet Exile (Wolfgang Copy) evh set
          Sterling AX40 stock (Fender Wolfgang bridge/AN neck)
          Epiphone LP Special w/JB
          Rouge P Bass SD Quarter Pounders
          Epiphone Acoustic with seymour woody
          1984 Marshall JCM 800 4010 Voodoo Modded w/EVH Greenback
          Peavey 6505+ combo

Comment

I found the v30 to have way to much midrange for me. Almost ice picky. I do like v30's in the x pattern in a 4x12 with a g12h30. H30's just plain rock. They are the equivilent to a gb25/v30 cross with alittle more tight bass in them. Listen to VH I, gb25. Listen to VHII or Fair Warning...h30's.
            sgill72

"I'm just a punk kid who plays guitar."

Modern Day Romeos
            http://www.moderndayromeos.com

Comment

How about the G1265? I'd really like to get my hands on those. I guess I can wait for the reissues this summer, or go with the Emi Tonespotter which is supposed to be very similar, but more efficient.

Comment

Originally posted by boonhogganbeck
                How about the G1265? I'd really like to get my hands on those. I guess I can wait for the reissues this summer, or go with the Emi Tonespotter which is supposed to be very similar, but more efficient.
                I remember the original 65's in the early JCM800 cabs and combos. They worked good both in combo's, and in 4x12's. Really the 65 loaded 4x12's sounded better than the G12-80 loaded 4x12's. I really feel that Marshall would be well served to replace the current applications of the G12T75's, by going back to the 65's. The 65 was warmer and is less sterile, much more like a GB-25, but doesn't mush out under heavy gain. When the 65 was superceded by first the really sterile G12M70, and then by the not much better 75, the tone suffered, imo.

Comment

Working...
                X