banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plexi Variation Power tube help/ Any one try Mesa Boogie EL34?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BigDreamer
    replied
    Re: Plexi Variation Power tube help/ Any one try Mesa Boogie EL34?

i just realized that 447's are what i put in my tremoverb. but it sounds great to me.

Leave a comment:

• unleashthejay
    replied

I think I'm going to just stick with the JJ EL34 because thats what I had and they sound great to me. Thanks alot guys for the advice I almost bought those 447's

Leave a comment:

• some_dude
    replied

The 447s are Sovtec, the 442s are Svetlana, and the 450s are NOS Siemens.

I recommend the Svets. Compared to the JJs they'll have a brighter, more harmonically rich top end, but they won't be as smooth sounding.

Leave a comment:

• LesPaulRules
    replied

Mesa has different types/brands of EL34 it uses.

Stay away from the STR-447's. They are Mesa re-labeled Sovteks. One of the harshed tube I've ever heard in my life.

The one newer tube I really like in Marshalls is the JJ E34L. (Though I want to try the newer KT77 model).

Leave a comment:

• Plexi Variation Power tube help/ Any one try Mesa Boogie EL34?

I have a plexi variation and was planning on using JJ EL34's for the power tube but before I order I was wonderin if anyone has any advice on anything better I could try?

Also I was at guitar center and asked which power tubes they have and they only have mesa boogie EL34's wondering if anyone has tried these and how it will sound in my Plexi clone compared to the JJ el34 (better or worse)?

I want a Plexi sound, I have JJ EL34's in there now and love them but never really tried anything else. Opinion?
Working...
X