Mesa .50 Caliber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa .50 Caliber

Anyone have one of these? I'm looking for a nice small tube combo and saw a .50 Cal on ebay for $500. What do you think?

Re: Mesa .50 Caliber

Ive got a 50cal+ 112 combo and its a great little combo! The cleans are probably the best ive ever heard apart from my komet probably, seriously awesome cleans! And the gain although it isnt that great by itself, with a delay through the effects loop it gets quite useable and with an OD in front can sound great! Ive started taking only that combo and some pedals to rehearsal instead of my ENGL head...the 50cal is a seriously good and affordable amp!

SIX THUMBS UP!
    My Soundclick page.

Comment

Its plenty loud for band practice you say. What about small shows?

I got a Mesa V-twin Pedal thats needed a nice clean combo to push.

Comment

$hit yeah when i say its plenty loud for band practice, im not even driving it up really hard...its got plenty more juice!

The cleans really are outstanding, i really cant stress this enough! Im running JJ 6L6GC's in it along with JJ preamp tubes. But yes, its definitely loud enough for small shows, and with micing up or an extension cab for big shows too!

I think the V-twin pedal would go great with it, like i said, with a delay in the effects loop and a decent OD pedal out front this thing sounds great!
        My Soundclick page.

Comment

Thanks bro, I just bid on it. And its a .50 Cal+ w/one 12 like yours. Hope I don't get out bid.

Comment

Good luck bro...and can you link me to it im just curious to check it out and cant find it myself on ebay search.
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

Sux, I got outbid. Had to go to work so I couldn't babysit it.

But now I've got Small Combo GAS. I've been lookin for a nice combo with great cleans so i can finally use that V twin pedal. Crankin my half stack everyday is kickin my ears @ss.

Anything else comparible to a .50 cal for $500.

Comment

Well im not sure how much they are where you are in the world but if you can get your hands on any ENGL combo you'll be in for a treat! But keep a lookout for 50 cals, they are well worth it!

You know something as simple as a fender hot rod or a peavey classic might do the trick nearly as well, especially if all you're after is a clean sound to plug a V-twin into. Id look into those inexpensive valve combos.
                My Soundclick page.

Comment

Mesa Mark III combos rule and can be had for realy cheap too. Got mine for $500. Killer cleans and distortion.
                  Mike Lipe Virtuoso #009
                  Ibanez RG1570 Custom
                  PRS McCarty STD
                  '71 Gibson SG Custom
                  Bogner Alchemist 2x12
                  Vox AD15VT

Comment

I'm gonna keep my eye out for another .50 Cal, unless there is a Fender that can match up to it?
                    I'd like to find any old Mesa combo that has that boogie punch and low end.

Comment

Working...
                    X