No announcement yet.

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet Edition!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet Edition!

Originally posted by Mike M.
    How would this pedal work thru a Fender DRRI? I'm still looking for the right OD pedal for my amp and have'nt found it yet. So far everything I've tried is either too middy (and you can't dial it out either), too fuzzy, not clear enough and there's always a serious lack of bass.

What I'd like to find is a pedal for those "Marshall moments." I know that no pedal is going to sound just like a Marshall and I'm not expecting it to.
    I've never had a fuzzy moment with this pedal, the clarity is amazing although sometimes in boost mode it does start to get hazy. People have said that this pedal is a TS without the mid range hump. The mosfet switch in vintage mode will get you a very convincing marshall tone (Vintage mode adds back the mids) considering that you're using the right tubes and eq in your amp.

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
      The Klon sounds like you bumped up the gain or volume on your amp, and somehow enriches the sound so it feels better under your fingers. That's why they cost so much....the circuit is just about as perfect as humanly possible.

The Fulldrives kind of pick up where Tubescreamers leave off. The midspike isn't harsh, the bass is full, and the highs cut through the mix nicely. Then, the additional gain channel can either be set a little cleaner than the 1st ch. or it can be cranked up high for a fuzzier highgain. I like the Fulldrives, but sold the early orange one I had, and also another blue one. I was just sifting through good OD's, and stopped at the Klon. I've been debating whether to get a white or metallic orange FDII, or maybe an OCD......or the SFX-3 They're different enough from the Klon in a good way, to warrant getting another one.
      ^100% correct as always. I think the OCD have more harmonic complexity to it's distortion, if they turn the OCD into a fulldrive kinda thing, I won't mind shelling out $400 for it.

Comment

They should come out with the VOCD...the Very Obsessive Compulsive Distortion. A dual mode OCD would be killer.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Anyone try the FDII with 18v?

Comment

Working...
          X