Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Distortion

Hi

I wonder if you can help me, Ive got a AVT100 Marshall, Eastwood Ultra-GP, DF-7 Distortion Factory & Zoom 707II

Im having trouble trying to link everything together and to sound good, whats the best way to blend the sounds together.

The Zoom pretty straightforward but I think im using way too much gain on the DF-7 (gain all the way up) is this why its so fuzzy?

Can anyone help!!! cause everything is too fuzzy

Re: Adding Distortion

Hi anyone!!

Comment

Do you use it all at once?
      give any details... which style etc...
      RG 550 [JB | SingleSizedHole(TM) | V1 (to be replaced)]
      TS 7 (modded)
      Hot Rod 50+ XL
      Framus Dragon 4x12
      V-AMP II for practice

Comment

Im looking for a qotsa sound quite middy and overdrive

Comment

Get rid of the DF-7, and zoom... Plug your guitar into the amp and play.

Your amp has gain, I don't know why the hell you would push an amp like that with a pedal and expect it not to be fuzzy... AVT100's on their own are extremely buzzy.
          Carvin custom strat (P-Rails/hotrails/single - Tuned Eb) -> Pod XT - - 6505+ Halfstack

Comment

QOTSA tone is an Ampeg V4 cranked. Get some tubes at least buddy!

-X
            green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Cut the dude some slack.

But they are right, you don't need to run the distortion into an amp with as much distortion as these solid state amps come with now a days. If you use a distortion pedal, use only one and use it on the amps clean channel.

For that set up, to get qotsa tones, I'd think the closest you'd come is to use the middle pickup and dial in more bass and mids than normal and less distortion than you'd think you need to use, and maybe turn down the presence a little. Also, depends on the guitar you're using. Them more info you give us the more we can help.

Comment

Hi Naps

Thanks for your answer, I knew that id get a message saying buy a tube amp, or AVT is crap, dont get me wrong I agree with it, but sometimes not everyone can afford Tube and I got the AVT cheap

I think my main issue is the amount of gain that I set on my pedal, Ill try reducing it and smoothing it out......

Thanks again

Comment

Yeah I mean you just gotta twist those knobs man...I always try to get as heavy a tone as possible with as little gain as possible.

but it's not like there aren't cheap tube amps out there. Peavey Butchers are 120 watt all-tube monsters and they go on ebay for like $60 all the time...it's just a sad fact of life that the majority of the sound we like as guitarists is that of glass power tubes overloaded with electricity, and solid state circuitry is too cold and lifeless to recreate the tone exactly.

-X
                  green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Working...
                  X