banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attenuator. Hotplate/ weber etc. Best one???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Attenuator. Hotplate/ weber etc. Best one???

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
    It doesn't eliminated the need for them, they just built them in so that you can't tweek them.
    Hmm... I'll have to open mine up and check that out. In any case I've never felt the need for a tweakable tone stack in my attenuation needs.

I push a Dual Rectifier through mine and it doesn't get that hot.
    I think the temperature may depend on how you're using it... I put my Legacy on 5 or 6 and attenuate it just enough not to get the soundmen and club owners yelling at me... i think the guy i heard saying he burned his hand on one was throttling out his amp with extreme levels of attenuation on there.

Originally posted by the guy who invented fire
    The Dr. Z/Trainwreck Airbrake or the Kendrick are often thought of as the best but they cost a good bit of cash.
    The Dr. Z cost me just over $200 used. It ain't THAT much.

Comment

I can only comment on the Hot Plate - I would like to know if anything is better or worse

BUt I have had great experiences live and recording
      1973 Les Paul Standard
      1973 Marshall Super Lead 100

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
        Been reading bad things about them on TGP lately. They're basically 32ohm universal load and a few people are b*tching about having blown OTs with them.
        Really...nevermind, then!

Comment

May go with the weber mass 100 after reading on the gear page. Do I need one of their "short cables" or any speaker cable will do? The airbrake seems like a good one but doesnt have the options. Does anyone know how to run with 3 cabs? I have 16ohm series box made by mesa that allows me to run 3 cabs at a safe mismatch out of the multiple outputs from the back of the dual rectifier. I run 1 cab out of the 4 ohm output and a cable out of the 8 ohm output to the 16 ohm series box then the 2 other cabs from the 2 outputs of the series box. I wonder how that would work with an attenuator?

Some of my settings use the fx loop on and others without it. Would this affect the output of an attenuator as the master volume is also disengaged when the fx loop is off. (modded)
          My bands links:

PEDL
          www.myspace.com/pedlmusic

TREBLE BLEED
          www.myspace.com/treblebleed

KLINK
          www.myspace.com/klinkdetroit

Comment

Working...
          X